Thread: Invalid checksum

Tuner in Training

Invalid checksum

Hi guys can anyone help with this one.

2109 Ram Hemi with whipple super charger kit , unlocked ecu supplied by Livernoise MS , stock file read and sent to whipple for a tune file.
    This came back ok , loaded the entire file in and the truck would not start , DTC,s relevant to lost coms , reprogramed the ECM with Witech synced all modules and vehicle now runs on stock file but badly for obvious reasons , then write the tune calibration in and it fails with invalid checksum , i have had HP check the tune file and log file which they said was ok , just rewritten the tune file again and same problem with invalid checksum , so tried to re write the file i pulled before writing and the it now says un credited vin , basically asking me for 2 more credits even though the ECM is programmed with the same Vin no as the original ECM.

My suspicions are the ECM has been not properly unlocked and it certainly wasn't cloned .

Any help would be amazing.

Cheers Keith

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you posted a dodge problem in the general motors section

from the comment "uncredited vin" it sounds like instead of calibrating your oem file and flashing it, you might have tried to flash a different ecu file into yours which is a no no in certain platforms. this changes the vin which causes the program to register as uncredited, and the checksum error you have could pertain to the hardware now not matching the correct checksum value for the software you just installed. did you inspect the ecu configuration you pulled from your vehicle against the configuration data sent to you by whipple?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman