Thread: Cam added, VE values less than stock?

Tuner in Training

Cam added, VE values less than stock?

I started modeling the VE table the other night from the stock tables. I went ahead and multiplied the entire table by 1.15 before switching to all VE. Previously it was an all MAF tune. I'm logging stft in a VE histogram MAP vs RPM I want to say.

Anyway, during closed loop all of my trims were very negative, meaning that I have too much calculated air in my VE table. Well, I have went through and for the most part adjusted the airflows pretty close on trims and the one thing that sticks out is they are lower than the the initial stock VE table. I'm only doing 0k-4k but for the most part across the board they are lower, is that normal? Cam is a 232/241.

Also, redoing my MAF which was done with a wb a few months ago. During CL the trims start -1 and progressively get higher towards -10 at 6500Hz. Could the initial wideband have been that far off?

Advanced Tuner
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but once you get a bigger cam they tend to be less efficient in the lower rpm requiring less fuel than the stock cam. Higher rpms you need more fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Sgod1100 - correct

Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but once you get a bigger cam they tend to be less efficient in the lower rpm requiring less fuel than the stock cam. Higher rpms you need more fuel
    Yep. 232/241 at .050? That cam will be much less efficient (pump less air) below 3500-4000rpm than a stock cam....but if you don't mind the trade-off and need something that makes a lot more power at 5500rpm...adjust and enjoy