Thread: 2012 Mustang GT

Tuner in Training

2012 Mustang GT

Hey guys! I'm rather new still to HP tuners. For the most part, I have made minor edits with vehicles in the past (all GM's with the exception of my 6.0 powerstroke). I have not grasped the complete concept so far when it comes to tuning.

Not long ago, I picked up a 2012 mustang GT. These 5.0's have so many more tables in the ECU than I have ever seen before lol. This is a faily stock car with only a few minor bolt ons. (cai, full exhaust with headers, and that's all). This car is also an automatic. This is the first sports car that I've ever had that's an automatic. (price was right) I have never played with the shifting tables of anything with hp tuners.

What does one do on when tuning something like this? What are some must do changes that will really wake the car up? Compared to the 12 manual that I bought new back in 2011, I feel like this car is much slower. but that was a few years and a few cars ago lol.

I would also really like to do a lope tune on it. I am not sure if this is possible or not on an automatic though.

Tuner in Training
    I found that this tread it has a lot of good info about the 6r80. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ng-Definitions
    Last edited by oldbones; 09-10-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Tuner in Training
    You can change up some of the shift rpm's to help the car shift at a bit lower RPM. I have a buddy with a 2013 auto 5.0 and he actually chose to manual shift his automatic. We also adjusted his shift pressures. His car got scary fast after minor tuning.