Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedometer/Cruise control

Potential Tuner

Speedometer/Cruise control

I adjusted my speedometer using HPT for the bigger wheels that I'm running, but since then my cruise control has not worked. If I adjust it back to the stock size (when the speedometer is off), the cruise works just fine. Any ideas?

Potential Tuner
    Bump, we just adjusted the actual tire size. Do I need to put in the gear ratio or anything?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by handyjoe
    Bump, we just adjusted the actual tire size. Do I need to put in the gear ratio or anything?
    Gear ratio is 1:1, and we left it at that. (BTW, I am the guy tath does Joe's tuning)

When ever we change the tire size, (or even do it by hand for pulse/mile) the cruise dies, but comes back as soon as we restor it to stock values.

Really odd problem, and I can't think that we are the only one with it.

Tuner in Training
    bump.

we cant be the only people this has happened to

Tuner in Training
    Sorry man I have never seen that happen, did you send an email to support?
    2011 F-350 6.7L Powerstroke

Tuner in Training
    Another bump. Has anyone else had this problem? I can't (and neither can HandyJoe, although with my HPT cable) change tire size (manually or otherwise) with out cruise control dying. We have tried enough times and enough variations, and the tire size is the ONLY thing that keeps it from working.

if the p0068 code test is disabled it will not let u use the cruise control...I m assuming this is for rationality checks to check for proper operation of the ETC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by djt81185
    if the p0068 code test is disabled it will not let u use the cruise control...I m assuming this is for rationality checks to check for proper operation of the ETC
    It's not disabled. It DOES work, if I change pretty much anything, until I play with the tire size settings.

There are 2 other cruise control DTCs in HPT, both are "cruise control inhibit output circuit"

P1585 and P1654

Also, while driving in the car with the scanner open try clicking 'off' on the Cruise Inhibit button.

Potential Tuner

Same Problem!

Iam Having The Same Problem. I Put Smaller Tires On And When You Change The Tire Size I Have No Cruise. I Miss Cruise And It Would Be Great If Some One Had An Answer. Thanx.

Tuner
    What was the solution here?

X2^^^ i was about to do this
    2001 Z06
    JCR fabbed Twin Turbo

Tuner
    I am bumping this again because I really would like to adjust my speedometer. Has anyone come up with a solution?

Kane

Tuner
    Ok then maybe someone can help me with the settings because if you do these wrong they do affect the cruise control.

I have 285/75/17 tirs 34 x10.5

Section Width: 11.22 in 285 mm

Rim Diameter: 17 in 431.8 mm

Overall Diameter: 33.83 in 859.28 mm

Sidewall Height: 8.41 in 213.61 mm

Radius: 16.91 in 429.51 mm

Circumference: 106.2 in 2697.4 mm

Revs per Mile: 614.8

Thanks,

Kane

Potential Tuner
    i just got my colorado tuned like last month and i have problems with my cruise control as well.

as well as another buddy of mine we both took our colorados to Gregsttuningopperation and both came back home without crusie control working.

i had my speedo recalibrated for a 31" tire.. from a 28" tire..

Tuner
    Even with using the spreadsheet to get the right numbers my cruise still does not work. There has to be something we are missing.

Kane

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by handyjoe View Post
    I adjusted my speedometer using HPT for the bigger wheels that I'm running, but since then my cruise control has not worked. If I adjust it back to the stock size (when the speedometer is off), the cruise works just fine. Any ideas?
    I just got my 2018 Silverado tuned last week, and ever since then my cruise control seems to only work when it wants to, and when it does work it will disengage when you try setting it to over 63 mph

Tuner
    Any solution?

Tuner in Training
    Piling on late to this thread. I'm also experiencing this issue with my 2016 Toyota Tundra. I changed my tire size. My cruise will engage, but when it has to downshift, it will never rev past 3,500 RPMs and just slows down going uphill. It's VERY odd. Even after re-flashing with the defaults, it still has this issue. Anyone ever find a solution?

Tuner
    I think early in 2020 hptuner finally updated/unlocked parts of the OS that let the gear and tire wizard reprogram both the speedo and also the tc/abs that the cruise control uses.

So you may want to update to the most recent hptuner editor and then update the tune on the truck with the new editor tune.

You will know if this is the problem if your traction control light comes on real easy when driving on a round about or clover leaf free way entrance at just a hair over normal speed, but not fast enough for traction to be lost.

The computer will see a g meter and steering angle and your tire speed and t/c numbers out of whack enough to trigger the t/c (and light)