Thread: 2016 f350 6.7 can't read original file

Tuner in Training

2016 f350 6.7 can't read original file

2016 ford f250 6.7 previously flashed with a programmer and returned to stock. Hp tuners can't identify ecu. I've done others before without issue so I'm assuming it's the programmer. Any recommendations t9 remedy this issue?

you have to manually select the controller. it should be the 2013+ ford diesel edc17

Potential Tuner
    Im having the same problem myself and even with manually selecting which i have done it still wont read the PCM... Any other options????

Hmmm. I assume you selected "Gather Info" right? If you did than it should automatically identify which ECU you have without the need of selecting it. In my experience, the ECU is not automatically detected when a locked tune is loaded and won't allow you to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbgraphix03 View Post
    Im having the same problem myself and even with manually selecting which i have done it still wont read the PCM... Any other options????
    Are you able to read the strategy or OS numbers? The programmer you were tuned with likely changed them so the ECU is not able to be identified.

Potential Tuner
    No you cant see it, so someone has tried to tune this and did very bad getting 5 mpg on the highway but cant access the engine side to make adjustments. Keeps saying checksum then puts a report for back to hptuners and fails that as well. Any words of wisdom? Thank you