Thread: Car wont start after twin 450s and 210lb injectors 00 camaro p01 3 bar

Potential Tuner

Exclamation Car wont start after twin 450s and 210lb injectors 00 camaro p01 3 bar

so I just put twin 450s and 210 lb injectors I tried cranking over the car on my old tune on 91 octane *stupid* obviously didn't work so I changed the fuel settings in the tune from my buddys trans am that has the complete identical setup as mine and still wouldn't crank over its pig rich I believe so I threw e85 in the car after draining 91 out and still no prevail it wont even try honestly.. car doesn't have the alternator on right now I don't think that would make a difference but I double checked all grounds and power since I did battery relocate kit the same time and something seems up has to be just super rich in the tune or the scaling is off on the injectors.
    it just cranks constantly then will stop for a second and then start to crank again has brand new battery also fuel pressure regulator is set to 40psi

My Tune before injector swap:
    justin camaro working edit rpms 6.hpt

my tune after injector swap and e85:
    3 bar tune first start up.hpt

datalog trying to start it on 91 octane before I drained and filled with e85
    trying to start after fixing VE.hpl
    Last edited by Justinktm; 09-10-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Speed density setup?

If so, you never failed the MAF and you aren't running the IAT sensor in that log, so that is not helping your cause. Tough for it to want to run when it thinks it's -38 outside.

Hopefully you have a good fuel pressure regulator keeping the FP down to whatever level you think you need to run with such huge injectors.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 09-10-2019 at 10:17 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I forgot to add the fuel pressure regulator is at 40psi and I guess I forgot to turn it off when I rebuilt the tune for 3 bar map and no I don't have the iat sensor plugged in the intake is off was just trying to start it I didn't think that would make a huge difference but I can put it on !

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    ecu uses ideal gas law to calculate density pv=nrt where temp (t) comes from iat sensor signal input. more specifically an altered version using molar mass where density(d)=pM/rt. sometime i feel like we harass people for leaving it disconnected because it plays a large role. your not the only one to think it was no big deal. no harm done..good learning opportunity though if you didn't know the fact already.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman