Thread: Single O2 sensor for both banks

Single O2 sensor for both banks

I have been running my turbo 5.3 in OLSD mode for awhile now. I've noticed the IAT sensor (which is relocated to the manifold) starts to heat soak after about 45 mins of driving. This causes the car to run pretty lean after driving the car for a bit. I have the cylinder charge temp enabled and the bias table tweaked about as good as I can get it. I figured this can all be fixed by just switching to CLSD. My question, is it possible to allow the P59 ECU to trim fuel from both banks evenly with a single O2 sensor? Or just wiring the output signal from one sensor to the L and R O2 ECU pins. Since it's a turbo car the bank gases are mixed anyway. I would like to avoid having to install 2 more bungs if possible. I remember Matt Happel testing this awhile back but never heard anything after.

Thanks

If anyone is wondering, you can wire both signals into one sensor and have the STFT work. You must also set your injector banks to all 0 or all 1. There is a small difference between the banks due to sampling frequency. Setting the injectors to all one bank eliminates this issue.

Hopefully this helps someone out in the future.

Good to know. Can you specify where the table lives for completeness?