Thread: 2011 Challenger help

Potential Tuner

2011 Challenger help

so, looking for so help. little history on my problem at the moment. have a 2011 challenger 5.7 hemi that has been rebuilt professionally and installed. the car has had the MDS delete and limiter, comp 274 non mds cam, non mds lifters. full length headers installed, open exhaust. and a few drive train related mods. the car will start for about a second then dies. will not start up again after that for at least 24 hours. have went through a massive witch hunt looking for the problem. verified static fuel pressure with key on and cranking fuel pressure as well, all check out good, the car seems to loss fire after the first start up and never regains is after that unless it sits for a long period of time. so some parts have been thrown at it in an attemps to get it to at least start with pedal assist. have done mods like these in the passed and they have always started on a factory tune with a little pedal assist, but not this one. new cam pos sender and crank pos sender installed,, no difference there. new oil pressure sender, because I was not seeing any start up oil pressure from the old one,, still no help. made changes to timing and shut of MDS as well. no help. tried disabling VVT altogether and nothing..so Im thinking that something is shutting the ignition down after the first start and it has to sit for a while to reset..the car does backfire some after it shuts down the first time.. cranking after the first start up results in backfiring..but not on the first start,, it sounds very clean for that second or two.. against my opinion we pulled the front of the engine down and verified mechanical timing.. was good there. also verified pushrod length.. good there as well.. against the wall here.. looking for the gremlin now..

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post your tune
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161