Thread: Hello from North West Ohio

Hello from North West Ohio

Ok, here we go. I found about HP Tuners and did some research, ended up joining the forum, and now I have a few questions. First off I have a 2013 Fusion 2.0 EB, I bought A Cobb Accessport and their Ford Race tuning soft wear before they discontinued selling it unless you took their EFI training coarse. Over a year ago they dropped us all together, but they only supported the Fusion for 2013 and 2014 anyways. Is the HP Tuners soft wear anything like the Cobb Ford Race, and what up with the credits deal. I went to their site, seen how much the hard wear is, then how much each credit is ? So I,m gonna take a wild guess and say each tune you write for you car cost 49 n change, or am I wrong all together ? Sorry if if this sounds stupid, and also for being long winded. I wouldnt mind switching to a different tuner that gives me the same options as my Cobb, and the peace of mind knowing HP will be around for a while. Any info will be appreciated.

No idea if it's like Cobb, can't help you there.

Credits are a one time deal. Each vehicle requires a specific amount of credits to unlock the VIN/Operating system. Most are 2 credits but some are 4 or 6 etc etc, you can view the vehicles list on the main website to figure that out. Once you have payed for the correct amount of credits, you'd license your vehicle and that's that. It's a one time thing, then you can make unlimited amounts of changes to that vehicle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ok, that sounds good. Thanks for the info, I'll do more research, but so far I,m liking what I see.

Would the pro set be worth the extra money spent even if I'm only gonna tune my personal car, or should I just stick with the standard package ?

It's only worth it if you will use what the PRO feature set has to offer. So I can't really answer that for you.

If your vehicle won't really require the need for it, then probably something you don't need to buy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I need to be able to data log is the big thing, and since I would loose the interface I have with the Cobb, Ill loose my gauges unless I haul a laptop around with me all the time. One thought I had was using a tablet instead of a laptop, something big , but not lap top big. Can you monitor pids in gauge form is another question I have, say boost pressure. A/F, different temps ?

Yeah, a small tablet or something could be used. I'm sure many people have done that.

Watch some video's or just download the free software from the main website if you want to play around with it. There should be sample files and a log or two you can watch. There are charts, graphs and gauges to watch. So if you want the tablet or something to display some gauges it could be setup to do that.

It's just not going to be a stick the key in the ignition and go type of thing though because you'd have to turn the tablet on, open the VCM scanner, connect to the vehicle and start the logging manually.

That wouldnt be a big issue, thats how my Cobb works though. You can set it up to view 1 to 6 pids, once they are picked, they never change unless you go in and change them. They really have a nice set up, just wish they hadnt dropped the Fusion, plus I,m seeing things with the HP that I like over their stuff. Im just trying to gather as much info as I can before I order one, which its looks like I may in the coming days. I did down load the trial version, but it wont load, all I get is the set up wizard prompts, then it disapears. No desk top icon for the program. and if I go into my computer, its just the set up prompts.

I found it hiding in with all my other apps on the system, Wasn't what I was looking for, but it answers a lot of questions regarding the program.

Got a chance to check the Editor out last night, its a lot different from what I,ve been using the last three years with my Cobb soft wear.
    Last edited by skylinedan; 09-18-2019 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Cant type when your only half awake, LOL

I'm using a surface now. Whatever you get make sure you can disable the accelerometer or at least control what it does when it senses motion. Mine still goes a bit wonky if I nail the throttle in WOT runs. Tablet mode is disabled but the device sometimes goes screwy and VCM scanner locks up. Its a device / OS problem. hopefully it gets patched at some point.

I,m looking at Samsung Tablets, but I may look at LG also. Still in a holding pattern far as buying anything.