Thread: 10r60

10r60

Question all.

Looking at the trans tune for the 2020 ST and the 2022 ST I see there are some changes done. Possibly further Ford refinements for the earlier complaints.

Would it be advisable to make these changes to the 2020 file?

Also, any recommendation on changes to firm up the shifts a little as well as making them quicker?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ntrain2k; 11-15-2023 at 09:47 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I can help. 250 for tunes. Also can teach u

Funny how anytime someone posts with a simple question on something people jump in trying to make money.

Used to be a lot more help on here.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntrain2k View Post
    Funny how anytime someone posts with a simple question on something people jump in trying to make money.

I agree. It kills the forum and the likely hood that anyone will contribute. That one user is the last post on dozens if not hundreds of threads. It is a thread killer.

I personally don't think the solicitation should be allowed, but its not my circus so I don't have a say. I will say that there is very little sharing of experiences and knowledge here, especially when you consider how many of these very popular vehicles were sold. It has to be neutering the sales of MVPI units and credits.

Back to the point of your post. I can't open your hpl files, even with the newest beta of VCM Editor. I have had some success using the newer Ford model year updates on the 10r80, which is quite similar. I have successfully used the updated engagement stroke pressure adder, and ramp boost pressures. These are tables with temperature axes. Most of my shift concerns that weren't easily solved with scheduling and shift character were temperature dependent.

The ramp, intertia, and rates all combine in the properties tab to make up critical characteristics of the shift. This makes fixes very difficult, because without a direction to guide your changes the iterations to "tune up" one shift can be huge. That is multiplied because three or more things should likely be changed at one time, or in a logical order, to get the shift right. Then the things that are temperature specific may or may not need to be edited, but I have to wait for those conditions to be sure. I point this out, because if you decide to try changes from the shift properties tab, it may be best to use everything from the new file related to that shift. Even then, it may make things worse. I've had this happen.

Finally, for my case the VCM Editor compare tool is really very poor for comparing tunes. The algorithm will choke and fail to show differences for the majority of different model years. In large number of cases even though a table does not show (or just the entire Trans section) in the comparison log there will be changes. This adds to the difficulty of using other stock or modified tunes that I obtain because I have to walk through each tab value by value, table by table to check for any changes. As an example, there are 450 or more tables in the shift properties table. 99% have the same name and scaling, and 90% have the same data. But each one has to be opened individually to check. Further the check is manual so my eyes get crossed on the bigger tables after about 3 minutes. HP Tuners has no real incentive to fix this, but man a few tools like a "compare any two tables I pick" would be huge.

I hope something in that ramble helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by adaycj View Post
    I agree. It kills the forum and the likely hood that anyone will contribute. That one user is the last post on dozens if not hundreds of threads. It is a thread killer.

I personally don't think the solicitation should be allowed, but its not my circus so I don't have a say. I will say that there is very little sharing of experiences and knowledge here, especially when you consider how many of these very popular vehicles were sold. It has to be neutering the sales of MVPI units and credits.

Back to the point of your post. I can't open your hpl files, even with the newest beta of VCM Editor. I have had some success using the newer Ford model year updates on the 10r80, which is quite similar. I have successfully used the updated engagement stroke pressure adder, and ramp boost pressures. These are tables with temperature axes. Most of my shift concerns that weren't easily solved with scheduling and shift character were temperature dependent.

The ramp, intertia, and rates all combine in the properties tab to make up critical characteristics of the shift. This makes fixes very difficult, because without a direction to guide your changes the iterations to "tune up" one shift can be huge. That is multiplied because three or more things should likely be changed at one time, or in a logical order, to get the shift right. Then the things that are temperature specific may or may not need to be edited, but I have to wait for those conditions to be sure. I point this out, because if you decide to try changes from the shift properties tab, it may be best to use everything from the new file related to that shift. Even then, it may make things worse. I've had this happen.

Finally, for my case the VCM Editor compare tool is really very poor for comparing tunes. The algorithm will choke and fail to show differences for the majority of different model years. In large number of cases even though a table does not show (or just the entire Trans section) in the comparison log there will be changes. This adds to the difficulty of using other stock or modified tunes that I obtain because I have to walk through each tab value by value, table by table to check for any changes. As an example, there are 450 or more tables in the shift properties table. 99% have the same name and scaling, and 90% have the same data. But each one has to be opened individually to check. Further the check is manual so my eyes get crossed on the bigger tables after about 3 minutes. HP Tuners has no real incentive to fix this, but man a few tools like a "compare any two tables I pick" would be huge.

I hope something in that ramble helps you.
    Thank you Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrain2k View Post

Well that is only half of a story m8...on the other side of the mirror plp grind their asses of spending 10k on fuel driving all night testing literally for months or years.
    Some would lock their tunes...some would ask a dime or two for a hep...either way you pay, you pay even more if you have to diy.

Whats make you think we owe you anything? Not to mention 5 out of 10 users here run some kind of business...charging customers what they want for free here...

Most of "too fiddy' guys here are just selling my tunes...and theres nothing you can do about...and 2-40 post guys brags a most...yet they offer nothing in exchange...
    Last edited by veeefour; 12-11-2023 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Well that is only half of a story m8...on the other side of the mirror plp grind their asses of spending 10k on fuel driving all night testing literally for months or years.
    Some would lock their tunes...some would ask a dime or two for a hep...either way you pay, you pay even more if you have to diy.

Whats make you think we owe you anything? Not to mention 5 out of 10 users here run some kind of business...charging customers what they want for free here...

Most of "too fiddy' guys here are just selling my tunes...and theres nothing you can do about...and 2-40 post guys brags a most...yet they offer nothing in exchange...
    Several years ago people were more than happy to give advice, etc. Part of my post was actually a very simple question and then only reply was basically, $250. Luckily someone else answered that part of it.

Goes both ways to be honest. I've personally spent a lot of time testing and making adjustments so hard work isn't given away free. But it doesn't go to say that there isn't any help that can be given.

@Ntrain2k, I would suggest upping line pressure to firm up shifts, and verification time in the shift timing. Line pressure, you can find in shift pressures, and personally I up all of them besides the power off shifts. That should get you started.

Let me know if you got any other questions.

Thank you Sir.

Ramping line pressure in 10r is a very bad advice...
    Line pressure in this trans is already almost maxed out...

Verification time...oh boy...

Yeah my advice is horrible. Lol! Where's yours at since mine is so "horrible"? Please explain as to why it's horrible also.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad0407 View Post
    Yeah my advice is horrible. Lol! Where's yours at since mine is so "horrible"? Please explain as to why it's horrible also.
    Sure here you go: verification time is set to 0.02s...what will that ever change while trans is shifting withing 0.3s? LOL

What does the line pressure change as is already set to max 22 bar? You want him to blow pistons and seals? 22 bar is crazy already but that's not where shit pressure is regulated...

Happy amigo?

Sure here you go: verification time is set to 0.02s...what will that ever change while trans is shifting withing 0.3s? LOL

What does the line pressure change as is already set to max 22 bar? You want him to blow pistons and seals? 22 bar is crazy already but that's not where shit pressure is regulated...

Happy amigo?
    Yes amigo. Learned something new today. Very content.

Another bad advice is to ramp "inertia phase"...only thing this would ever do is to ramp your max pressure faster.
    Stock cal ramps max pressure at 400Nm very early Id say so no need to alter that tables.

Stroke pressure adders is everything you need.

Another bad advice is to ramp "inertia phase"...only thing this would ever do is to ramp your max pressure faster.
    Stock cal ramps max pressure at 400Nm very early Id say so no need to alter that tables.

Stroke pressure adders is everything you need.
    Will keep in mind. Thanks for sharing.