Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10r80. Raising shift points

Advanced Tuner

10r80. Raising shift points

Any suggestions on how to raise shift limit to 8000 RPM. From 7500
    Any help will be appreciated

Advanced Tuner
    No one ?

Are you trying to raise the rev limiter/ part throttle shift rpm / wot shift rpm?

Post your tune file

Advanced Tuner
    WOT and it shift at 8000 rpm on a 2019 mustang A10 stock tune so far might add 409 gears
    2019_Mustang_GT_10R80_STOCK.hpt
    Last edited by paulsmithsr; 09-13-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaroslaw.macko View Post
    Greetings from Poland !

hi, did you found solution ? we have also problem in 2018 GT EU A10 Mustang that ~7500rpm it closes throtle body... anyone has a solution for changing this limit to for example 7700rpm or even 8k ?

I am trying to find possibility to increase rpm limit on P or N, any ideas ?

Thank you in advance
    Are you logging throttle source?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    Are you logging throttle source?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by jaroslaw.macko View Post
    yes
    What pops up in your log under throttle source when your throttle closes?

Advanced Tuner
    yalls issues lie in the limiters and the OSS map, we have ours shifting at 77-8100 with no issues

this looks like the table under wot shift pulled from a 2019 a10 the other day

Capture.PNG

Also am interested in changing shift points ive upped all the limiters that I can possibly think of any help will be greatly appreciated still shifts at 7500

Since it appears this thread got hijacked, bringing it back to the original question. Is the table that sportinawoody posted the correct one to increase shift points at WOT?

well it is listed under WOT Map

I found the newer 6F55 doesn't respond to those WOT tables. I had to go into the OSS tables for Normal and Sport to actually tweak my shift points. I personally found that 1st and 2nd gear has a lot of shift overlap, meaning if you are commanding a 6500 RPM shift in 1-2 and 2-3, it may go past this and bang the revlimiter for the first few WOT shifts. After maybe the 3rd time or so, something in the TCM must have learned/adapted and the following WOT shifts will be closer to what you're commanding... except in 1st and 2nd gears where there's about a 400-500 RPM (engine) over-run. I think it is because the torque converter can't lock up in 1st, and can't lock fast enough in 2nd... so 3rd thru 5th gears work as commanded right away in the OSS tables. My 2014 SHO never had this problem, I simply worked the WOT tables like sportinawoody posted and all was well. My 2017 Fusion Sport and 2018 Explorer had to be tuned the way I described above. YMMV with the 10R80, and I'm eager to hear the right way as well since I am thinking about getting an Explorer ST that has the 10R60.

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    I found the newer 6F55 doesn't respond to those WOT tables. I had to go into the OSS tables for Normal and Sport to actually tweak my shift points. I personally found that 1st and 2nd gear has a lot of shift overlap, meaning if you are commanding a 6500 RPM shift in 1-2 and 2-3, it may go past this and bang the revlimiter for the first few WOT shifts. After maybe the 3rd time or so, something in the TCM must have learned/adapted and the following WOT shifts will be closer to what you're commanding... except in 1st and 2nd gears where there's about a 400-500 RPM (engine) over-run. I think it is because the torque converter can't lock up in 1st, and can't lock fast enough in 2nd... so 3rd thru 5th gears work as commanded right away in the OSS tables. My 2014 SHO never had this problem, I simply worked the WOT tables like sportinawoody posted and all was well. My 2017 Fusion Sport and 2018 Explorer had to be tuned the way I described above. YMMV with the 10R80, and I'm eager to hear the right way as well since I am thinking about getting an Explorer ST that has the 10R60.
    Have you messed with your max acceleration rate? It may not be defined in that specific ECU i can't remember if it was or wasn't. I'd be curious to know if that's your issue with over shooting the shift. But you are right it will learn the shift as i have had it do exactly that, but opposite, where it shifts early and then learns to shift later. Max accel.PNG

Yes I have increased that value. I did the same on the 2014 SHO. In fact all I did on the SHO was tweak the WOT tables and it was good to go. I would do this back to back on the track without problems. With the 17 and 18, it would bang against the limiter and hang up on the shifts for a pass or two then become normal. I even copied the SHO settings over without making a difference.

Any updates on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian8501 View Post
    Bump
    Post your tune file, log file, and ask a question

Tuner in Training
    This is my trans tuning on my 19 A10. Shift points are perfect at 7750rpm if you use compare you can see the changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Im having this problem too with my 10r80.
    It will not up-shift and go into the next gear at WOT. Then limp mode for a second or two.
    How can I fix this?
    Last edited by Nitmer; 06-06-2020 at 03:58 PM.