Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10r80. Raising shift points

Quote Originally Posted by Nitmer View Post
    I?m having this problem too with my 10r80.
    It will not up-shift and go into the next gear at WOT. Then limp mode for a second or two.
    How can I fix this?
    start a new thread, post your tune and a log of the issue

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofnyc View Post
    got a few questions
    ?

Tuner

2020GT A10 trying to raise shift points

Trans will hesitate for a second or two before shifting like hitting a limit. Don't have a log to post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Volstang View Post
    Trans will hesitate for a second or two before shifting like hitting a limit. Don't have a log to post.
    Part throttle leaving a stop or at wot?

What drive mode?

From your statement about the problem it seems like you could get a log of it very easily. (with all of the necessary "source" pids)

Edit: I think I see your problem, try this E85 TB Rev3 RPM Anti Sft Off - fix.hpt and if it fixes it please report back.

There are more things I see need attention, maybe you should start a thread about tune help and post your file regarding e85 set up.
    Last edited by LastPlace; 09-05-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    reviving this thread: will be using this file as an example;stk.hpt

navigate to transmission>general

most tables will need to be modified appropriately for your targeted shift points in this tab.

Shift points lesson.JPG

start there and raise your RPM, Elements, OSS, and other related limits there. Raise to a reasonable number for the targeted shift points.

Now navigate to Transmisson>shift Scheduling

here you'll be modifying the OSS map and the desired shift points

shift pints lesson OSS maps.JPG

Shift points lesson WOT shift.JPG

Make sure your OSS map matches your desired wot shift points: I usually start my wot shifting strategy around 80% ACPP

that'll get you started: also don't forget to adjust tq management!

here is the file and log currently for some reason still not shifting as commanded.

lucifer trans.2.hptLucifer 1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    your OSS cal is wrong, you're about 200rpm high on the base and 300 high on the sport maps, You're also not logging much in the line of transmission data, I would add-in OSS', shifting schedules, TCC rpm, and so on.

for some reason my stock file is showing shifting at way above what stock is here's a glance Lucifer Stock.hpt im using 10R80 rpm and TCC Converter (reverse rpm calc) (1).xlsx

Advanced Tuner
    looks right on target to me for OEM, I'm not sure why that was done, I doubt its a translation error by HPT however it is the same across all mustangs so lets assume its on Ford's end. If you make your own calculator you'll see that the values you get are different from the cal your using. I used that one for a short time as well and didn't get anywhere so I made my own. There is a great patent out there I read about understanding transmission ratios and their function. If you do your research you'll see an easier way to calculate OSS based from known transmission ratios and engine RPM. From there Excell is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by txtailtorcher View Post
    looks right on target to me for OEM, I'm not sure why that was done, I doubt its a translation error by HPT however it is the same across all mustangs so lets assume its on Ford's end. If you make your own calculator you'll see that the values you get are different from the cal your using. I used that one for a short time as well and didn't get anywhere so I made my own. There is a great patent out there I read about understanding transmission ratios and their function. If you do your research you'll see an easier way to calculate OSS based from known transmission ratios and engine RPM. From there Excell is your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by txtailtorcher View Post
    reviving this thread: will be using this file as an example;stk.hpt

navigate to transmission>general

most tables will need to be modified appropriately for your targeted shift points in this tab.

Shift points lesson.JPG

start there and raise your RPM, Elements, OSS, and other related limits there. Raise to a reasonable number for the targeted shift points.

Now navigate to Transmisson>shift Scheduling

here you'll be modifying the OSS map and the desired shift points

shift pints lesson OSS maps.JPG

Shift points lesson WOT shift.JPG

Make sure your OSS map matches your desired wot shift points: I usually start my wot shifting strategy around 80% ACPP

that'll get you started: also don't forget to adjust tq management!
    Not sure I follow.

Does the 10r80 shift on OSS table or WOT table? Or does it need to have both correct?

Stock file the upshift map and WOT shift rpm map do not line up.

For example: stock 10r80 1-2 is set at 1700 OSS which =4.69*1700 = 7973 rpm but the WOT map is 7300.

If I'm wanting to raise the shift points to say 7800, what needs to be correct for the computer to execute this correctly and consistently?

Just got the shop a 2020 Mustang 10r car and have a lot of work to do and a lot to learn
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Justinjor View Post
    Not sure I follow.

Does the 10r80 shift on OSS table or WOT table? Or does it need to have both correct?

For example: stock 10r80 1-2 is set at 1700 OSS which =4.69*1700 = 7973 rpm but the WOT map is 7300.

If I'm wanting to raise the shift points to say 7800, what needs to be correct for the computer to execute this correctly and consistently?

Just got the shop a 2020 Mustang 10r car and have a lot of work to do and a lot to learn
    Commanded shift will be the lesser of the shift mode you are in (base, sport, 4x4, drag/sand) or WOT table

Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    Commanded shift will be the lesser of the shift mode you are in (base, sport, 4x4, drag/sand) or WOT table
    So with that logic, can you just raise all of the shift modes way above target and just use the wot table to command the shift?
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

That’s what the oem does In some cases

Best thing for you to do, load up a sample file And try it for yourself

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinjor View Post
    Not sure I follow.

Both need to be calibrated correctly in order to shift at the desired RPM, all of my cars shift within 10-25rpm of my commanded shift rpm using that method.

I would recommend against just chucking random high numbers in the OSS and commanding WOT where you want.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turboanything View Post
    This is my trans tuning on my 19 A10. Shift points are perfect at 7750rpm if you use compare you can see the changes.
    I noticed that your wot shift map- select shift section is changed... will this make it to where it auto shifts when in paddle mode? I have been trying to figure out that part of the puzzle. We are doing some roll racing around here and would like to paddle down to lets say third, go wot and it auto shift without having to go back to drive from sport on gear selector.

Thanks for the help!!!

Tuner in Training
    How to auto shift in manual mode ?(paddle) without have To go back to drive
    Last edited by Dramex72; 11-01-2023 at 03:33 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramex72 View Post
    How to auto shift in manual mode ?(paddle) without have To go back to drive
    trans/general/minimum app
    then set WOT select shift map to what OSS/rpm you desire
    Last edited by robg; 11-08-2023 at 01:05 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I have figured everything out. Any one needs help. IM. 250 for complete tunes all options