Thread: 2015 Dodge Charger RT Bricked or Corrupted ECU ?

Potential Tuner

2015 Dodge Charger RT Bricked or Corrupted ECU ?

The other day I performed a flash of a new tune to my ECU. The ECU in question was sent to HPTuners to be unlocked less then 3 weeks ago. Everything flashed without an issue until I went to start up the vehicle and it was stuck in what sounded like a loop of the fuel pump cycling over and over and the ECU lost contact with the MPVI2.

I tried for hours to get MPVI2 to communicate with the ECU and nothing. Out of pure luck MPVI2 was able to connect to it for downloading. After it downloaded the tune stored on the ECU I was able to uploaded the custom tune and now works works "to an extent".

Currently I've got seven (7) errors not allowing the car to function as normal, such as o2 sensor 1 and o2 sensor 2, along with oil temperature sensor are showing high voltage going to them. I took the vehicle to a certified mechanic shop. The tech replaced all sensors to no avail.

Issues are the car won't rev passed 4,000rpm as it's stuck in a open* loop (believe that what the mechanic said) and has permanent errors, such as U0100, P0132, P0152, P0198, P1128, P1129, U11BC... I've tried over and over to flash the stock tune/programmed tunes. All tunes will flash into the ECU but will not correct any of the issues. Anyone have a solution?

Best regards,
    Ray C.
    Last edited by justincase22; 09-15-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Update. After reading dodge charger forum I was able to pin point the problem. I replaced all gaskets to the intake manifold; this has now corrected all permanent errors and performance issues.

Ray C.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't understand how an intake manifold gasket would impact oil temp sensor? Also, open loop should not limit RPM, or was the car in limp mode? How was max RPM tested in park or neutral? If so, the PCM limits the RPM in park and neutral to approx 4000 RPM. Just trying to make the connection between a manifold gasket and all the issues it apparently created.