Thread: Gm vacuum pump software update

Tuner in Training

Gm vacuum pump software update

So the word is there is a software update to resolve the vacuum pump failure. From the limit word of mouth my understanding is there is a change to the abs braking system.

I sent a email to my contacts requesting more info.

I would like a tune file that has this in it so I can see the change and just copy over my tune. If I have to I will go to dealer and switch to stock, let them flash, then copy stock file, compare and copy differences.

Anyone with info or better yet a file of a stock truck with this update would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

hp tuners has access to the Electronic Brake Control Module?

Nope

Yeah, this isn't a powertrain update. You won't find what you are asking for.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

just get a tool like this one:

Nano

and go here:

ACDelco

and pay $40 for two years of updates

Tuner in Training
    Concern was if a person has a tune in their vehicle and goes to dealer would this update wipe out the tune? If so the idea was to Have a copy of the new update and write over it. But I see now as HPT does not deal with the power brake control module this will not work. Just have to let dealer do their thing and then rewrite the tune back to vehicle.

Thanks Higgs that is a great option.

So long as they only program the ABS/Brake control module, you wouldn't have to worry about them doing anything on the PCM/TCM side. I'm sure you could even ask the service manager and or technician doing the job that question too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.