Thread: 2010 Silverado 1500 LC9 5.3l - Total Engine Rebuild

Potential Tuner

2010 Silverado 1500 LC9 5.3l - Total Engine Rebuild

Hi - I had my truck tuned when I first completed the engine overhaul but, I feel like it's still not where it should be. What I mean by that is the acceleration, towing and overall performance of the truck seems lacking. I've removed my cats and the gearing of the truck still sucks but, I expect more from it for just drive-ability. Currently the truck's RPMs drop significantly when transitioning from P/N to drive and the idle is still a bit choppy in Park. Wondering/Hoping someone can take a look at my current tune (attached) and offer some suggestions/changes to make it better. I've also attached a recent log file but, I have no clue if it'll be helpful.

List of mods:
    Bored to 3.903
    42lb. Injectors
    Flat Tops w/3.2cc relief
    64cc combustion chamber
    Cathedral ports
    Intake Runner 215cc
    Exhaust Runner 80cc
    Intake Valve 2.04
    Exhaust Valve 1.575
    Cam 216*/220* @ .050
    VVT Delete
    DOD Delete
    1 7/8" Long Tube Headers to 3" exhaust w/MagnaFlow 40 series
    33" tires
    7.5" lift

Thanks in advance.

Potential Tuner
    Adding to the above:
    Had to replace the fuel pump last night. Truck seems to misfire when holding around 1700 RPMs on the freeway.

Anyone have any suggestions or pointers as to what I need to change with my tune?

i think you need to zero out the spark>adv>vct table.dont match the high and low spark table .and add kr to the scan.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. I've added KR to my scanner.

Since my last post, I found a tuning file uploaded by RussK and updated the Idle speed to be a bit higher to account for the Cam. I'll scan my drive home and upload later to provide a current readout.

Current tune: #7 - Edited 9.13.19 - Russ K.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio_15 View Post
    Need to log a lot more to know what and where to adjust.... Needs some fuel and maybe a tad less timing or the knock sensors dialed in for headers, I would recommend doing some more research and at least get logging the important parameters and reviewing them until you understand what to change

goodluck

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the feedback. Sorry for the delay. I had to put in a new fuel pump and replace a header gasket so, I didn't log anything until today. Adding the latest log file. Suggestions on what parameters to track would be awesome too.10.3.19 @0414 - 25mi Drive - RussK Tune Modified.hpl