Thread: E38 ecu ID1050x

Potential Tuner

E38 ecu ID1050x

So as im sure everyone knows that 63.5# is the hard limit on injectors in the computer , i have tried the following

The tuning school has basically said to try and use the ( injectors flow rate modifier vs Volt) table and instead of multiplying by 1.0 do it by 1.82 and adjust MAF table accordingly , obviously i also plugged in ID1050x Injector data while doing this as well. But it seems no matter how much fuel i pull the STFT and LTFT still try to pull 40% even after i pulled 150% out of the MAF which is where i stopped because it just did not seem right to me.

the 1.82 number came from dividing 116/63.5=1.82 116 which is about what the 1050x flow at 58 fuel pressure and 63.5 is the hard limit on injector sizing

#2 option

This is the one im not 100% on i have seen where people say goto the stoich tables and multiply by 2 and then goto injector flow rate and multiply by .5, which im assuming half of the size of the current used injectors, so a 1050x would roughly be 58# flow rate at 50# of fuel pressure if i half the fuel size of that injector.? im also assuming i still enter in all the rest of the ID1050x data , then proceed to tuning the MAF tables.. Should i disable the VE/SD stuff till i get the maf tune in?

Any help be great I dont have the thumb drive with me when i get home i will post up the tune file im working with so you can look over it.

also you guys with 1050x injectors NA how much did you end up puling from the MAF to get it right ? just curious so i know if i go extremely over that im on the wrong track.

Thanks
    DW

Yeah, just do the option two way. Double the stoich, half the injector flow rate and half the IVT terms. Then just tune in Lambda.

Plug in all the rest of the injector data as you have it from ID.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    well i had a reply but did post up..
    anyways i did option 2 the car runs pretty good but the LTFT and stft are wanting to add way more fuel so i added 10% and it still acting like it wants more fuel, So with that being said since i lied to the computer with the stoich numbers and all that good stuff will the LTFT and STFT still be correct?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you need to use a wideband set to lambda. you then remove fuel trim channels and afr channels from your scanner and only record the wideband reporting in lambda and commanded eq ratio. commanded eq ratio is a commanded lambda channel from the ecu. once both wideband and commanded eq are setup then you use the math function eq ratio error for your histogram feed. Tuning becomes a copy error from scanner and paste correction via multiplication in the ecu; very easy.

when you do it this way, you must disable the trim system completely and run the ecu in forced open loop. you still need the wideband to tune wot since the trim system shuts down in pe, and doing it this way sets the perfect ratio for the gas that is being used (all around win). once you are done, you can activate the trim system again and because you tuned to sensor lambda when ecu commanded the stoich value, your trim system should be damn near spot on.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman