Thread: 2004 cobra - maf ad counts - datalog is crazy high

Tuner in Training

2004 cobra - maf ad counts - datalog is crazy high

If you'll excuse me, I'm trying to transition over from SCT to HPT. So I'm fumbling a little bit.

I have a 2004 Cobra that I'm working on. Stock MAF and computer. I was able to pull the file out with no problems. I'm in the middle of setting up the Scanner to work properly and the way I want it on this platform.

But I only have 1 selection to monitor MAF AD Counts.
    It's crazy high and even at KOEO it reads way too high.

I was hoping for a sanity check on this one. Don't mind the scanner settings. Still trying to get a comfortable feel with the software for this platform. Been using SCT for a long time.

EEC-V - LO - TERMI (STOCK).hptLOG 1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't logged one of those, but it should be a voltage reading on one that old

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrpmbrp View Post
    i haven't logged one of those, but it should be a voltage reading on one that old
    MAF SELECTION OPTIONS.png

That's what I think is going on. There is no voltage PID for the MAF, though. I only have the 3 selections.

Weird thing is, when I was doing a 2000 Mustang last week, I had no issue's using the "MAF AD Counts" PID on that vehicle.

Advanced Tuner
    I have never hooked to a Mustang that year, does it have a MAP sensor? Does it have a MAF sensor?

EDIT, after looking around, it looks like it does have a MAF sensor, can you log airflow?
    Last edited by MRRPMBRP; 09-13-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    I have never hooked to a Mustang that year, does it have a MAP sensor? Does it have a MAF sensor?

EDIT, after looking around, it looks like it does have a MAF sensor, can you log airflow?
    So, the strategy of the older Ford's is very simplistic. They are heavily MAF dependent. The 2V motors along with the older 5.0's didn't even have a MAP sensor. The Termi does, in fact, have a MAP sensor. But still are MAF Transfer Function tuned.

I am, in fact, getting g/s readings from the MAF and they seem accurate.
    When I log with an X4 (I have one off my personal car I use from time to time in certain situations as I have a TON of base files and parameters and such that I can build a base file in SCT, flash the ECU, extract it in HPT, then continue to tune in HPT (now that these older fords are supported). It saves time for me (I don't have to flash the handheld, THEN flash the ECU and have a crappy pass through that is unreliable and a PITA to deal with) and it saves the customer $$$$ on having to buy an X4.
    But when I datalog it with my X4, all the parameters work just fine.

It's not THAT big of a deal. I can do these in my sleep. So as long as can see just a few parameters, I can tune the car just fine. I would just love it it all worked flawlessly.

Advanced Tuner
    So you can see g/s airflow reading in HPT?