Thread: Timing calculator 6.7 F250

Tuner

Timing calculator 6.7 F250

Do I copy and paste a timing calculator or is it a guide I found one on the forum but it only gets 16 degrees BTDC and does my injection quantities & injection duration change with timing

The timing calculator requires you to copy in your particular rail pressure, duration and quantity maps. the part you modify is the desired amount of injection btdc

Throw that thing in the garbage, timing calcs are a waste of time, their only use is a quick reference of where you're currently at for piece of mind, more so for data to see potential trends. That is a far more advanced way of tuning and IMO a total waste of time in the early learning stages. BTW don't touch injector PW on stock injectors. They shouldn't require re-calibration until later on, 100k miles or so. If you can't get more fuel or aren't getting close to your commanded fuel map you have a limiter table holding you back elsewhere. I learned this the hard way and my truck runs much better and smoother on a stock injector pw cal, on top of making more power and torque than ever.

Tuner
    Thanks I have been all over the place I?m just setting my torque limits up to 1106 and take out the - timing in crushing area hopefully I?ll get something close to the tunes I have purchased without the hard shifting

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Kavney View Post
    Thanks I have been all over the place I?m just setting my torque limits up to 1106 and take out the - timing in crushing area hopefully I?ll get something close to the tunes I have purchased without the hard shifting
    There is a reason for the negative timing values in the cruise region, you can smooth it out but you'll notice something change as you up it. Pay attention and you'll notice it.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    There is a reason for the negative timing values in the cruise region, you can smooth it out but you'll notice something change as you up it. Pay attention and you'll notice it.
    I noticed my GPM went up it seems to have more low end torque but when I hit about 2K RPM it falls on its face I know transmission lowers Torque before shifts it?s at Hi speeds over about 2200 RPM I think it?s some kind a limited I haven?t adjusted probably in the turbo what do you think I could send you my tune LOL

Tuner
    It seems like 3/4 throttle I am going to try to data log and see if I?m running out of fuel it feels like it and takes a minute to run with no peddle until it comes back I?m going to tune trans also but unless it?s hitting a torque limit I?m kind lost was thinking about comparing Duramax that is 2011-2014

what's your boost doing? Data log it and send me your log.

Tuner
    I?ll get a Log this afternoon it?s much better but I?m still not 100% satisfied seems like moving boost make it shift to soon