Thread: Pre Purchase Question l5p

Potential Tuner

Pre Purchase Question l5p

If I order the l5p ecm the tcm and the mpvi2 will I be able to swap those right in and be able to drive the truck or does the ecm have no tune and I would need to load one? I am totally new to tuning and use my truck as my daily so can?t be down while I research how to tune. Stock is fine until I can do more research just looking to delete dpf initially.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    On a new pcm you will need to flash it to stock and do a security learn then load the tune you want. Are you deleting as well? If so buy the dummy plugs or make sure you leave the nox module plugged in or you won?t have gas gauge etc.

Potential Tuner
    Where do you get tunes? I see people selling hptuners stuff and it occludes tunes but what if your just looking for the tunes?

Potential Tuner
    Oh and can I drive it without security learn or no? Cause I'll need the dealer till for that right?

Tuner in Training
    You?ll want to drive it there or to someone with a pass-thru programmer then switch pcm tcm and have them programmed to the truck, then after wards load your tune files