Thread: Stock 5.3L 2011 Tahoe

Potential Tuner

Stock 5.3L 2011 Tahoe

Looking to increase MPG in my 2011 Tahoe. Any recommendations? Full stock 5.3

Changing your driving habits will get you the most gains.

Otherwise don't expect much from the tune if everything is working as it should. I'm sure you could try to keep the truck in V4 for longer and tweak the ignition timing but you may have to sacrifice something else to achieve that. It's not something where you are going to see a 2,3,4 mpg gain.

City mpg will always suck and getting 20-21 freeway is quite common. Driving 65-70mph helps a ton and drafting semi trucks to get extra free mpg.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

and over inflate your tires if you drive on smooth roads, or downsize the tire size or width if you need new tires.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Senior Tuner
    I agree with the other comments here, but there are a couple of other areas that you might look in the tune. Your Tahoe is equipped with a "Virtual" flex fuel sensor...which is to say that it doesn't have one. This strategy is notoriously inaccurate. I would disable the flex fuel mode. If you have an aftermarket air induction, make sure that you have one that separates the filter from the engine compartment. The lower IATs will keep the timing where it should be. You can increase the timing just a bit as well, but just do 1 or 2 degrees and monitor knock sensor activity closely. In the end, your driving style and tire inflation will impact the fuel economy more than anything.
    Last edited by kevin87turbot; 09-13-2019 at 04:52 PM.