Thread: 2000 Corvette Idle

Potential Tuner

2000 Corvette Idle

I need some help here. My corvette has been plagued by vacuum leaks for a while. I assume it was this way during all my mods and tuning because it ran great for a long time. I finally got them all fixed and now the car is reluctant to idle unless I induce a small vacuum leak. As you can see in the log file the stft are way negative, meaning not enough air is getting into the engine. My ltft were disabled for several years but I enabled them today to see if the pcu can learn to live with lines connected correctly. I can plug the leak up after I get it idling and it will continue to idle, but it will not restart unless I give it some throttle. Eventually it will idle but is very prone to stalling when you goose the accelerator. With the induced vacuum leak it idles fine and runs pretty well all the way up to WOT.

I induced the leak by disconnecting the evap and putting a rubber cap with a small hole over the nipple to allow for extra air.

Mods as follows:
    2000 ls1
    Cam Motion Titan 4 227 int 242 exh on a 113 lsa
    Prc as cast 225 heads
    42 lb racetronix fat injectors
    Fast fuel rails
    Aeromotive fpr with return to tank
    Fast 102 intake
    LS2 throttle body.
    1 7/8 headers
    cat delete
    rear 02 sensors installed up front with adapters
    Tune is by PG.

I want to figure this out on my own and see if I can handle it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by t56mike; 09-13-2019 at 02:06 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    you should start with logging your braf from when it is cold all the way up to when it is hot. Then put those values in your braf table. After that if it still wants to die after you rev it up add airflow or extend the time till delay or decay in the throttle follower table.