Thread: Does this look like false Knock?

Potential Tuner

Does this look like false Knock?

I keep getting knock retard really bad. It always always comes on in the 0.56-0.60 2200-4000 RPM range. I have tried to disable burst knock, please let me know if I did it wrong. I have tried bringing in power enrichment early. It does not do it in open loop mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Stock 5.3 with built TH400 trans in a 89 chevy truck. Motor mounts are brand new. 19-09-13 08-54-49.hplStep 10 Power enrichment.hpt

8 degrees of knock is the most common thing to see when you have a pending or current knock sensor code. When any of the 3 codes are tripped (it may not show a light) it will default and pull the maximum allowed timing in the calibration.

You may be able to go out and pull the codes and see if something comes up but it should show itself on a drive cycle around town. It's likely you will need to replace the sensors and harness to get it to stop and in the chance you have already done that with new AC delco parts you will probably have to disable the codes to stop it from pulling timing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.