Thread: PE command issue

PE command issue

Tuning my buddies 2014 Silverado. Got all the fueling to -1 to 0 on MAF and VE. Set PE to 1.20 just to start somewhere and it was reading .80 on the wideband . Next time around set to 1.175 and it was still reading .80 on the wideband. After that I had to call it a night but just wondering if Im missing something. Also, what kind of values should I use for PE delay and PE enable? couple more options compared to Gen 3 and 4. Thanks

The PE value is only a request, so you could have to change the MAF/VVE to make it match the commanded value.

Also if other things are still active like COT, it can cause it to run richer if that value is more than the PE number.

Use kinda whatever you think works the best for that vehicle, for PE. 65% throttle, 1,500-2,000rpm delay and 60% torque is pretty good spot for what I like.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

COT disabled. Thanks for the heads up. I'll go do some more tweaking.

Advanced Tuner
    I set up the Pe first and tune the Maf/Vve to hit the commanded Pe.

Interesting way of doing it. But how to go about doing it? Set PE to 1.175, make a rip, the add or subtract fuel from both tables until it's met?

That's kinda how you should be doing it.

If the wideband is already in the logs, a wideband error should be created to log the difference between the commanded AFR and actual AFR or Lambda. The error percent would show you were to add/remove fuel from the MAF or VVE depending on what you are calibrating at the time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Just how 5fdp explained it. Set up your Fuel stoich and divide by your commanded Pe. That will give you your target Lambda/Air fuel to tune to. Follow 5fdp's steps, and the Wideband Eq/Airfuel ratio error is in Math's "predefined" There are some "how to's" floating around that should be some help.

Thanks friends. I was missing a step in there

Doesnt the normal commanded eq ratio pid also show pe? If you tuned your maf under wot, you shoulda dialed in pe.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Srblacks13 View Post
    Interesting way of doing it. But how to go about doing it? Set PE to 1.175, make a rip, the add or subtract fuel from both tables until it's met?
    You set up the tune to do Vve only, or Maf only at a time. You need to disable one before tuning the other. But tune both Vve and Maf. Might be getting ahead of yourself. There are threads and how to's on fuel tuning, that might be easiest to start from there, because you might be missing alot of info at the moment.

I get it now. I was misunderstanding. Thanks