Thread: E40 Hitting some high end limit. Please HELP!

Tuner in Training

Question E40 Hitting some high end limit. Please HELP!

I've been banging my head on the wall on this for some time. Nothing I do seems to make a bit of difference. This is a Trailblazer SS with a 408 w/ 44# injectors with an E40 PCM and slot MAF. Has ported heads/ cam / long tubes etc. What happens is at a certain load or fuel demand it starts to cut and will go from 13:1 AFR to 20:1 AFR and act like it's doing fuel or spark cut. I've also hit a wall with the VE table as I can only make it go so high and I need it to go higher. I've patched it with the 2bar SD OS which helped some but didn't fix the problem. I have the MAF failed with no SES but it's an auto vehicle and needs the temp sensor data. I then tried to scale the tune with the double Stioch and half IRF & IVT Terms method which did absolutly nothing for this issue. I'm completely lost here. It runs great up to this cutting out issue. I'm attaching the tune and a log file where you can see it go super lean. I have the WB plugged into the AC Pressure sensor. Everytime it happens you can see the KR start to kick in from the lean spikes. Thank you in advance for any help. Maybe I've made a mistake somewhere in the tune, but it's seems pretty straight forward to me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What fuel pump? Have you put a mechanical gauge on it you can watch while driving?

I don't even know where to start listing stuff that's wrong in that tune though.

MAF is failed wrong, that log shows no DTCs set so it's not in SD which would go part of the way to explaining why massive changes to the VE are having less than the expected effect. MAF Fail High/Low can't be set to 0/0 like on Gen3 stuff, it won't work that way. P0101-103 also need to be set to 'MIL on first error', not 'no MIL'. If you want the light off just uncheck the box, those codes have to be able to run and trip or else no SD.

Your highest map reading is only 94kpa. The Primary VE table goes to 105. If you are na, you don't need a boost table. You have to smooth out your VE table. Where is your wideband input?
    You don't need to double stoich for 44# injectors.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 09-15-2019 at 06:43 PM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8