Thread: 6.0 LQ9 with cam need tune help

Tuner in Training

6.0 LQ9 with cam need tune help

I have a 6.0 LQ9 in my rear engine dragster so its not like I can drive it around and tune it. This is what I have 6.0 LQ9 with stock truck intake and injectors, 595. 598 lift cam 218.228 @ 50. 113 lobe sep. I was wondering if someone had a tune that could get me going. I have been messing around for a bit and just cant seem to get it dialed in, I ran a 9.82 with it then I tried something and now it will only run 10.20. any help would be great I am using HP tunes with a stock 2001 truck pcm and harness.

thanks

Honestly that isn't really possible because there are so many variables in play here.

Without data logs of it running with wideband air fuel ratio's it's impossible to predict what the calibration needs and where it need it. That is your biggest worry, making sure fueling is always matching commanded fueling. Then tuning timing and fine tuning the air fuel ratio for wide open throttle to make the most power while being safe.

Either find a deserted area to make test hits or rent some dyno time so you can drive it under load to calibrate the airflow model/fueling.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry to go off topic. What water pump are you using? Are you launch on a trans brake? If so how are you controlling launch RPM?