Thread: WOT timing doing crazy things

WOT timing doing crazy things

Hi Guys being playing with this car of & on for a while & cant work out why the timing scatters at WOT... not sure if its false knock or something else?
    2017 Mustang with a gen 5 whipple

crazy knock logs run - Copy.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    In my experience, timing is hunting for a sweet spot & is all over the place until it finds it. I think the flash resets the KAM, and it has no reference to go to, right after a flash, like when you're dyno tuning.
    Solution, turn off knock timing control so ecu can't add or subtract timing, then reduce timing by say 5 degrees, or whatever you feel confortable with, then pull. Timing should be stable, then keep sneak up on timing on dyno looking for best power, then turn timing control back on.

appreciate the suggestion, I'll try that & see if I can nail this

You have some major issues going on there. That is not normal, even right after a flash.

First, you need to clean up that channel list. You have a ton of unnecessary and redundant channels being logged. This is slowing down your polling rate so much, the data isn't very useful. Also, avoid any "SAE" channels. They poll slower.

Your knock sensors look normal at lower loads, then go crazy. Either you are getting absurd amounts of knock, or something is banging around your engine bay / exhaust.

Your throttle actuation looks jacked up too. You have areas with desired load over 2.00, and the throttle is only open 15*. I don't see pedal position logged, so you should add that.

What is the backstory on this tune? Post it up.

im going to redo this tune from scratch & also sort out the unwanted channels then log each cylinder for knock & maybe able to track the problem down

Advanced Tuner
    Timing follows your spark tables. If its spark adders, knock sensors, any spark modifier enabled is adding to your tables. You need to clean borderline and mbt.

Advanced Tuner
    Wow. I just now got to check out the log. We could guess at this all day, without seeing the tune it's a shot in the dark.
    It may be false knock because that is horrible knock/timing.