Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EEC V/mustang injector data issue

EEC V/mustang injector data issue

does anybody have a basic tune I can look at for an 04ish mustang with basic mods for a blower? injectors,return fuel,slot maf,etc. ive been chasing my tail getting it running. if I change the offset multiplier to all 1's in the injectors, this thing is flooding rich.the only way I get it to run is put the multipliers back to stock. which is .0625 @40lbs. ive no idea if that's right, but I at least can get it to respond to maf changes that way. and will idle fairly decent around 14-15:1 . but its commanding anywhere from 1.2 to .8 lamda at idle, just depending on how long it runs. im having a hard time chasing it, because this mpvi2 is a pile of crap on eecv. works flawless on a chevy all day. but on this,it does all of the following in no particular order. wont recognize device/scanner freezes/ pids,channels disappear/data is delayed,etc,etc. but hey, its better than it was this summer. I forgot how annoying it is until after I worked on a gm the other day.

what exactly could be causing it to command any other lamda than 1.0 at idle. stoich is set at 14.64?

Advanced Tuner
    closed loopbthe o2s throw the lambses around to make the hegos switch

hm. last night I was idling between 14-15 and short trims were -15. all while commanding 1.25.
    Last edited by mach; 09-15-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    the stft is the lambse which is the commanded lambda

Tuner in Training
    Turn off adaptive fueling
    This shuts off long term fuel trims so you can see short term fuel trim without the pcm changing anything. If you leave on the pcm will be making changes trying to correct for the changes you are making.
    Also remember this is all done by your factory O2 sensors so make sure you have good ones.

I'm having same issues with no luck. About to throw in the towel on this.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Rev2 ID1000 Scaled 47percent dyno.hpt

Tune file attached. Proceed with caution it is a problem child.

Mods:
    Built engine with cams
    Procharged
    ID1050's
    Fore twin 465 return system

The SCT tuning went great but that was done on the stock style return system. Since switching over to return fuel system I've started using HPT MPVI2 due to obvious reasons with SCT Currently. I've had nothing but problems basically exactly as you described in the OP.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slyb28 View Post
    Turn off adaptive fueling
    This shuts off long term fuel trims so you can see short term fuel trim without the pcm changing anything. If you leave on the pcm will be making changes trying to correct for the changes you are making.
    Also remember this is all done by your factory O2 sensors so make sure you have good ones.
    thanks ,I assume you mean maf adaptation. I toyed with turning that off, but haven't yet. will try that and see if I get anywhere. im just still lost on knowing what values I should be using on injector offsets other than stock values.

I've attached a datalog with the issue I am having along with associated tune files...
    Startup then idle.hplRev2 ID1000 Scaled 47percent dyno.hpt

You can see STFT's are at +40-50% immediately after startup for about a minute straight. Full warm wideband corresponds with this showing .6-.7Lamba. No rhyme or reason why as I can see. Car needs throttle input to stay running at this point and spits and sputters like crazy.

After about 1 minute into the log you can see where the fuel trims seem to settle out and the vehicle will start to idle on its' own. I changed the Injector offset values from 1.00 to the stock value as OP suggested with no luck.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    1. Turning off adaptives means go to Adaptive learning and turn the 1 to 0, has nothing to do with the maf.
    2. You've told us nothing about your combo, so offering help is a wild guess at best.
    3. I had a similar issue with a cobra and 60 lb inj, but not knowing what inj you have, sharing my fix is pointless. Are you tuning with HP I'm assuming?

Quote Originally Posted by nxcoupe View Post
    1. Turning off adaptives means go to Adaptive learning and turn the 1 to 0, has nothing to do with the maf.
    2. You've told us nothing about your combo, so offering help is a wild guess at best.
    3. I had a similar issue with a cobra and 60 lb inj, but not knowing what inj you have, sharing my fix is pointless. Are you tuning with HP I'm assuming?
    mods are basically everything in first post. 80 lb injectors(siemens deka),hpx slot maf,procharger,return fuel system. basic stuff. I am using HPT yes. ive not found anything other than fuel adapt WOT. and that is already disabled. I feel like I have things halfway right,but its not even remotely close when I start it. I have the pmas hpx transfer plugged in,but if I use the injector data in the offset(which are basically 1.0's) the motor literally floods. only way it runs halfway right is to leave them at stock(.0625) . but then the maf has to be about 4 times richer to run.it should run somewhat close with the hpx file in the maf,so there has to be something injector related wrong but there is no info one way or the other on what is right,and nobody wants to talk about anything to do with ford. not buying a holley has proved to be very stressful . I also have everything scaled 50% for the injectors. mani volume,engine size,injector slopes,BP,maf,etc(but ive tried it both ways. same result)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mach; 09-25-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok the eec v and hp tuners it’s all new to use and yes it’s does still have some bugs to be work out.
    But with time we will get better with using the software and the software will keep revolving.
    What that being said let’s see how we can all help each other.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    mods are basically everything in first post. 80 lb injectors(siemens deka),hpx slot maf,procharger,return fuel system. basic stuff. I am using HPT yes. ive not found anything other than fuel adapt WOT. and that is already disabled. I feel like I have things halfway right,but its not even remotely close when I start it. I have the pmas hpx transfer plugged in,but if I use the injector data in the offset(which are basically 1.0's) the motor literally floods. only way it runs halfway right is to leave them at stock(.0625) . but then the maf has to be about 4 times richer to run.it should run somewhat close with the hpx file in the maf,so there has to be something injector related wrong but there is no info one way or the other on what is right,and nobody wants to talk about anything to do with ford. not buying a holley has proved to be very stressful . I also have everything scaled 50% for the injectors. mani volume,engine size,injector slopes,BP,maf,etc(but ive tried it both ways. same result)
    Is it a blow through or draw through
    If blow through is the sensor away from bends that can cause turbulence with the sensor reading

Advanced Tuner
    OP-

I online/remote tune a couple hundred EECs a year. If interested contact me and I can get you situated no problem.

http://www.efidynotuning.com/tune.htm

Quote Originally Posted by slyb28 View Post
    Is it a blow through or draw through
    If blow through is the sensor away from bends that can cause turbulence with the sensor reading
    blow through. in straightest section possible before throttle body. that isn't the problem here.

it might come to that....but id really like to learn something in the process. this shouldn't be this hard to get going. gonna put the real values back in and hpx maf function and start over and see what happens. I cant see what else could really be wrong to cause it to be this rich

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/...v8-mustang-gt/

This fixed all the tuning problems I was having.

i been lookin.

Tuner in Training
    You have options if you are looking
    https://lasotaracing.com