Thread: New and Upcoming tuner

Potential Tuner

New and Upcoming tuner

Hey y?all I?m looking into tuning LT1,LT4, LS motors. But currently practicing on an LT1. Can somebody help and walk me through the process and how to get the best tune for the mods done to these vehicles?

Advanced Tuner
    That's a pretty loaded question. There is a lot to tuning these vehicles. Especially the LT stuff. On the LT stuff make sure you tune both the maf and the map side of things. First thing I wanted to learn is how to set up your scanner. Get all the correct pids needed to scan the LT stuff first.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ikonbran View Post
    Hey y?all I?m looking into tuning LT1,LT4, LS motors. But currently practicing on an LT1. Can somebody help and walk me through the process and how to get the best tune for the mods done to these vehicles?
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON11WS6 View Post
    That's a pretty loaded question. There is a lot to tuning these vehicles. Especially the LT stuff. On the LT stuff make sure you tune both the maf and the map side of things. First thing I wanted to learn is how to set up your scanner. Get all the correct pids needed to scan the LT stuff first.
    MAF and MAP (VVE) is just the tip of the iceberg. The OP should do himself a favor and do a bunch of reading on this forum. Watch some Greg Banish or Elite videos first. You’ll never “just figure out” tuning a Gen V.
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

Quote Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
    MAF and MAP (VVE) is just the tip of the iceberg. The OP should do himself a favor and do a bunch of reading on this forum. Watch some Greg Banish or Elite videos first. You?ll never ?just figure out? tuning a Gen V.
    Agree! Banish and Elite are great places to start. What I would do is get a base tune from a reputable tuner. Start doing research, compare base tune to stock file, and make small simple adjustments until you get a better understanding on how torque-based ECU's work and go from there. I have been at it 10yrs and still learning. Definitely a lot of information to absorb and the hardest part...REMEMBER! lol