Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Torque Request Rate Limits

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nicul15 View Post
    How do you request them? I don?t see them on a 16 ss
    Send an email to support with the table locations you want (ECM 9508 - ecm 9516) as well as a copy of a tune with the OS you want it added to.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSChev View Post
    My thoughts exactly, fingers crossed!
    I am not holding my breath. done many with stock cam/TB and 60 foot are not really affected. however add a cam/TB and the best I can do is wot at around 5mph. torque table/driver demand/ect.. will help some but a small delay with always be present. I suspect some other module is coming in to play. the only way to make wot faster is to turn off stability completely or fool vss that car is moving faster. seem like c7 are not effect like ctsv or zl1
    Last edited by obd2; 09-26-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Tuner
    sent the request for access

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by obd2 View Post
    I am not holding my breath. done many with stock cam/TB and 60 foot are not really affected. however add a cam/TB and the best I can do is wot at around 5mph. torque table/driver demand/ect.. will help some but a small delay with always be present. I suspect some other module is coming in to play. the only way to make wot faster is to turn off stability completely or fool vss that car is moving faster. seem like c7 are not effect like ctsv or zl1
    The limit has to be within the ECM. I have a swap vehicle running only the ECM and TCM (2016 L83 and 6L80) and it does the exact same thing. WOT comes in at about 2300rpm or 5mph. I do not have these new tables yet, excited to see if it make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by grandam75 View Post
    The limit has to be within the ECM. I have a swap vehicle running only the ECM and TCM (2016 L83 and 6L80) and it does the exact same thing. WOT comes in at about 2300rpm or 5mph. I do not have these new tables yet, excited to see if it make a difference.
    request sent to support for the 16 6thgen ss

Quote Originally Posted by obd2 View Post
    So it could be a hysteresis on the throttle? Sounds like thats what this table controls.
    Last edited by nicul15; 09-28-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    They are available for my OS as of this morning in the beta. Now to get my car off the lift and actually get to messing with them

Tuner
    I uploaded the new beta today. The new settings were there, so I tried them. Very pleased with the results. Thanks for starting the thread Higgs Boson!

Tuner in Training
    Any update on this?

Advanced Tuner
    after driving the car a bit now, there is definite change in off throttle feeling. I could see where some people may not like it or that its to much, I do enjoy my car with the tables adjusted all the way out. I am not able to tell a difference in "on throttle" I switched over to e85 at the same time and with the weather getting colder i do not get traction.

Tuner
    Other than my truck feeling more responsive, I notice that the transmission is a little more aggressive when downshifting. I guess you could add a little to decel and correct this. One negative, if your foot is heavy, the fuel mileage will suffer some.

I'll have to send in a request for my 2016 Silverado too.

Kinda curious as to what it will feel like on a basically stock 5.3 with just the basic add on's and E85.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I think you're gonna like it.

Tuner in Training
    You should just have to download the latest beta version and they should show up in your tune then.

I downloaded the beta last night, they aren't there.

Even used the navigator to manually type in one of the ECM tables listed in this thread, still nothing.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Hmmm. Mines a 2015 and it worked so you may indeed need to email support.

They emailed me back, they said they sent my file to an engineer to look at it. Haven't got an email back since Wednesday.

Tuner
    I have a 2018 ZL1 and could not find these tables in my tune until I installed the newest Beta. Now they are there but the Torque Request Rate Limit is "disabled" in the stock tune. So I assume these tables are not used in my car and therefore no improvement to be seen in changing them?
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by ZO6_Bryan View Post
    I have a 2018 ZL1 and could not find these tables in my tune until I installed the newest Beta. Now they are there but the Torque Request Rate Limit is "disabled" in the stock tune. So I assume these tables are not used in my car and therefore no improvement to be seen in changing them?
    If you read the description, that is only while the vehicle is stationary.

I ended up doing this last night on my 15 Silverado, min/maxing the tables. I'm not sure what to think about it yet, I do have a strange jump in the throttle now if I'm rolling about 1 mph and I quick tap the gas it jumps forward really quick. Seems like the limiters are for initial roll in of the torque.