Thread: Need help with new setup

Tuner in Training

Need help with new setup

I just recently got my motor finished and back in my 2000 corvette. Previous tune in the car was an SD 2bar tune with a supercharger and a small cam. Now it is an N/A 5.3 iron block thats bored to 3.903 forged internals with Dorman LS2 intake and 90mm TB, LS3 Stage 4 BTR cam(233/250 619/598 113+4), c5 Z06 85mm MAF, ebay 1000cc injectors(i know this is part of my problem and have true Deka 60s on the way) 4l60e trans with a 3800 converter.

I am having a hell of a time getting the car to behave! If i let it sit over night, I can go out turn the key and it fires right up with zero issues and will idle on its own, if I shut it off I have to crank forever to get it to start back up and some times have to put my foot in it to get it to start. I was able to drive it yesterday but it would die at just about every stop or anything under 10mph unless I threw it in neutral very quickly, sometimes it would still die in neutral.

Can someone look at the tune and scans and see what the heck I am missing, I have tried everything on the forum and that I have found online and it still will not behave going from Park to Reverse. I have done so many tune revisions, the one I am posting is the current one that is in the car right now. On the scan you can see it tries to die when I throw it in reverse but catches back up, I backed up like 3 ft and put it in Drive and it then died. For some reason my AFR gauge isn't logging on HPT anymore, at idle its rich at 12.5-13.0 right now. Yesterday it was 13.5-14.5

Thank you for any and all help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    smooth out the VE table and with those big injectors I would lower my minimum pulse width, get a wideband hooked up.

Chop the min fuel milligrams by about half too under the transient tab, it's often a need with very large injectors.

Make sure cylinder volume matches the engine size. (it's midnight, I didn't do the math to see what your 5.3 bored engine size should be).

Even though it's NA now, you can still apply the regular speed density OS upgrade because that will remove the secondary VE table and leave you with just the primary VE. The MAF sensor will still function as normal even in a speed density OS.

Hard to tell what you are doing or if that tune is with stuff re-enable because the logs show the MAF not working but the tune shows that the MAF sensor is not failed correctly for speed density tuning. With how crazy you say the fueling is, is that why your base running airflow is all out of whack?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I'm not sure what happened on the last log, it didnt show maf or TPS% which always shows up on the other logs. For that log the maf shouldnt have been failed, the 1st drive was on SD because I had a bad maf and couldn't keep the car running no matter what with it connected so I just failed it.

In SD according to the logs it requires 210-240lb/hr airflow to idle, if I give it that it behaves fairly well in park but dies instantly when I go in gear. I had a few logs that it wanted 210ish then dropped to 41 and instantly died. I have done so many revisions to the base idle airflow to try to keep it running, just trying to figure out what works at the temp the ECT is at that moment.

I will adjust the injectors in the morning and see if that helps get other stuff in order.
    Last edited by b00ya4u2; 09-15-2019 at 01:18 AM.

Tuner in Training
    OK I changed injector info and semi messed with the VE table down low. Something is up with the MAF not reading so I just changed it to SD mode again and it runs and idles, tried to die in gear but atleast let me move it alittle bit today. Looks like I need a new cable for my wideband, HPT isn't recognizing it.
    Attached Files Attached Files