Thread: High Ambient Temp after ReFlash - Gen V LT1 & LT4

High Ambient Temp after ReFlash - Gen V LT1 & LT4

I've noticed after a reflash on my 2018 Camaro SS (LT1) the ambient air temp will go very high 118 degrees when it's only 80-90 degrees outside. This changes the VE fueling (if temp enabled) and I don't recall it doing it 1yr ago when I did the S/C or 6 months ago when I changed the tune a little. It takes awhile for it to come back down to actual temp for proper fueling to match the actual tune parameters. Is there a fix for this or something HpTuners can look into? Or it's just a ECM reflash thing that happens?
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Ambient air temp is used by the HVAC module. Are you looking at Ambient or Intake air sensors? The Ambient sensor is wired directly to the HVAC module.

Either way on a 90 degree day if you are sitting still the temp will rise quite a bit.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff7577 View Post
    Ambient air temp is used by the HVAC module. Are you looking at Ambient or Intake air sensors? The Ambient sensor is wired directly to the HVAC module. run 3

Either way on a 90 degree day if you are sitting still the temp will rise quite a bit.
    Thank you so much! It's very helpful!

Tuner in Training
    This is definitely a thing...

I have noticed it on my 2018 Camaro 2SS immediately after a re flash. The ambient temperature will read a random high number, also noticeable because the temperature blowing out of your vents will dramatically change. You have to drive around for a roughly 15 mins for things to go back to normal. I am not sure what else is effected in the tune yet, but something I just started seeing and thought I was going crazy. Ha

If this effects anything else in the tune, having to wait around 15 mins between flashes is going to be a major inconvenience for tuning!

Are you sure it isnt something like the Intake Valve Temp problem after flash like the E38 LS3's had? Reflash would reset the calculated value for Intake Valve Temp to Coolant Temp, and would take awhile for fueling to settle down, about 15mins.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires