Thread: I need some help with a tune

Potential Tuner

I need some help with a tune

Hi
    I've been on the forum for a while and have been reading a lot and learning a lot. this is a great place to learn from. anyways i have a problem with my car and i cant figure out whats going on. its 5.3 , s475 , 80lbs , early z06 cam and 4l80e , i got the car to run and drive pretty decent started with 7lbs and got that somewhat dialed in. a friend of mine convinced me to up the boost to 14ish and we did that got most of it dialed in , the car is doing good, getting faster and its fun but here is where my issue comes in. once the car gets up to around 195kpa and around 6k it goes rich around 10 afr and no matter how much i pull fueling from the ve table it wont change a thing. i replaced valve springs (had old and tired springs) thinking the boost is opening the valves but still no change at all. I am still new to tuning but i will try and answer everything i know thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

What's the fuel system like? Return, returnless. Boost referenced regulator or just a regular FPR maintaining pressure.

Are those injectors rated at 43.5psi or 58psi?

With the above too, if fuel pressure spiking?

For the sake of the tune and getting things correct, the tune is not setup for speed density correctly. The MAF fail high needs to be set to 0hz instead of 13,500hz. The dynamic airflow high rpm disable needs to be set to 8000/7900 rpm and not 0 rpm. And remove the 1 bar MAP from the logs, it skews the graphs readouts.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Why don't you take more fuel away above the 190 kpa area and up in your ve table also. The values start going up pretty fast in that area

Potential Tuner
    Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that , it is a return system that is boost ref. Injectors are rated for 43.5 psi. I haven't had a chance to look at the pressure while driving the car. I do have an electronic fuel pressure gauge but that thing isn't accurate at all, the mechanical one under the hood is good and that's what it's set with. I guess I miss understood about failing the maf and I will correct it. The 1 bar map was for a different vehicle that I was checking something on and forgot to remove it. But even with other logs without the 1 bar it still does the exact same thing.

Potential Tuner
    ryan , i tried taking fueling out above 190 but when i run the car it does the same thing says -10 and afr dips in the low 10s. i just multiply by 1/2 tho so i am not taking out as much and i am also worried i might run too lean.

Advanced Tuner
    if your in the low 10s you don't have to worry about going lean, I would just keep on taking fuel out. Look at the trend of your ve table from the 100 kpa to 180 kpa. Pretty linear and looks decent then it goes up real quick in the last like 4 columns.

Potential Tuner
    when i multiply by 1/2 my ve dips and thats what worries me. i thought may be my wideband is wrong but i dont know for sure

Tuner
    Don't worry about the VE dipping just smooth entire a max of 3 times then repeat the logging process until you are within 3-5%, You want a pretty smooth VE table but it does take time.

Potential Tuner
    Ok so corrected the tune for the maf fail , and I decided to do a boost leak test and found 3 injectors have a leak around them , would that by any chance cause a rich condition? I haven't tested the car or adjusted the fueling on it yet