Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No torque management

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    Your best knowledge will be hands on practice. Keep running through the forums and researching and testing and testing and testing brother. Good luck
    This is an expensive way to learn though if you don't know what you're doing enough to keep things safe. Just making random changes and seeing the impact is great once you have a good base that is safe and know how to recognize if something unexpected you do not want happens. I would recommend paying someone to get a good tune on it and then experiment with little things yourself after if you want

Well i'm speaking from having on hands training with a knowledgable tuner and than just having to go out and test. I've never had any problems with any of the 100s of vehicle's I've worked on so far. What I meant is because he is working on his own vehicle. So practice and patience will work out. I personally would recommend paying a professional too, but it seem's he doesn't want to.

Thanks for the luck. I?m gonna try it trial and error

Yep. Get a tuner to set it up right and then make little tweaks to meet your needs.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

I’m all for help from someone who does this thing all day. But 300 from a guy who most likely copy and paste the trans tune and most likely not gonna give u a learn Session or any real schooling from it.

ever drive a manual car and bang the gear so hard and fast that it grabs and makes the engine kinda fall on its face for a second ? or ever induce a split fraction of a second of slip and it just blends into the gear feeling like one continuous pull ? if I make sense here . When I'm doing roll racing and have traction I seem to run faster with all restrictions off on engine and trans side,,,,
    My fastest 1/4 and 0-60 times have been with some of the TM enabled

Advanced Tuner
    I can say banging the gears hard on a manual challenger is hard to do because the clutch delay valve will cause the clutch to slip during engagement under hard, fast shifts. Just goes to show not all TM is software.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstar9528 View Post
    ever drive a manual car and bang the gear so hard and fast that it grabs and makes the engine kinda fall on its face for a second ?
    What if your car doesn't dead hook and you want to tune it as it is? Like driving a manual car that chirps the tires on shifts, doesn't really fall on it's face at all.

Tuner
    On the torque management page on the engine side disable any fuel cutoffs...That's all the TQ Management it needs... That's all that's done to mine and I cut 3.7 0-60s

idk but for some reason these hp70 and 90s seem to shifts faster and better with a little TM still in em, I have tried going back and fourth and with different settings, just my experience

Advanced Tuner
    Correct
    You can get really fast and firm shifts by shortening shift times/delays/ramps but it will need TM to work properly.
    If you are making a ton of power it may even need more TQ reduction to get it done in the shorter time.....
    May seem strange to old skool thinking but thing will shift like lightning fast dual clutch manual and be easy on parts/tyres when u get it right!

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar9528 View Post
    idk but for some reason these hp70 and 90s seem to shifts faster and better with a little TM still in em, I have tried going back and fourth and with different settings, just my experience

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Correct
    You can get really fast and firm shifts by shortening shift times/delays/ramps but it will need TM to work properly.
    If you are making a ton of power it may even need more TQ reduction to get it done in the shorter time.....
    May seem strange to old skool thinking but thing will shift like lightning fast dual clutch manual and be easy on parts/tyres when u get it right!
    You are talking about the 8hp ZF trans here and not the NAG1?

Senior Tuner
    Yes the ZF trans. My friend has made thousands of passes regularly beating on theirs with the 70 trans with built engine car making over 900 whp. These transmissions get a bad reputation from not being tuned right but they are actually really good.

Advanced Tuner
    Same, I have many guys that have done literally thousands of 1/8th & 1/4 mile passes over the last 3 seasons on 1000+hp cars with the ZF and trans is still golden.

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Yes the ZF trans. My friend has made thousands of passes regularly beating on theirs with the 70 trans with built engine car making over 900 whp. These transmissions get a bad reputation from not being tuned right but they are actually really good.

Well have ur buddy publish his trans tune for the rest of the class so we can learn and play with it

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailhousecustoms112 View Post
    Well have ur buddy publish his trans tune for the rest of the class so we can learn and play with it
    I don't mind giving advice or getting someone started but I'm not just going to post up trans tunes based on hundreds of hours testing. I talk to Hemituna quite a bit and know that he spends a crazy amount of time experimenting with things to figure out what works best also. He gave hints about what to experiment with in this thread

I get that it takes longer then all hell to get it right. But I just come from the old school where if I got somethin figured out. I share with my fellow hot rodders. Prolly just end up paying the big money.

Advanced Tuner
    Problem is if you share someone will always try to make money off of it. As an example, I designed an overhead gauge pod for challengers and posted the CAD on thingiverse so folks can 3D print their own only to find out there was a guy printing the design and selling on ebay. The kicker was the guy only lived a few towns away from me.

Just look at the tuning school, they sell their tuning book for like $500 and to be honest it really does not shed much light on how to tune these cars. Most of the info they provide can be found on this forum such as injector pulse width scaling. The VVT section is not that informative at all.
    Last edited by Homer; 10-16-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Now that ant right. Sorry to hear all that. It only takes one to spoil it for all

Senior Tuner
    That's what it's about really. Someone could copy that trans tune and with good marketing be selling how fast they get 8 speeds shifting when they might not know anything about them. I know someone could read trans tune off a car and copy it but it's so easy when they just find it online