Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No torque management

No torque management

Someone school me. Can I just completely turn off all torque management for a 2017 Jeep SRT. I just want it all gone not worried bout Granada he my trans. I don?t want my engine to have anything holding it back.

send me the tune file mikeb2238@yahoo also eyou would need to adjust the trans side of things also but as for the engine side 'engine/torque management/general, set everything to disable,

Explain the trans side to me. On what needs to be changed????

Advanced Tuner
    Welcome back to 1970

Here in nearly 2020, we use tq management to go faster

Tune it a little, don't disable it.

Potential Tuner
    are you tuning the shift TQ. reduction on the trans. ( TCM ) also? alot of tuners dont like messing with the trans. when it comes to TQ. managment...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by scatpack72 View Post
    are you tuning the shift TQ. reduction on the trans. ( TCM ) also? alot of tuners dont like messing with the trans. when it comes to TQ. managment...
    Yes, there is heaps to be had especially when you have added power.
    Most tuners haven't spent the time to understand and control how it is used.
    Think of it a like putting a really skilled driver in a manual/stick car.
    Easy on the parts, super slick shifts....when it FEELS like that you are getting it correct.
    If it feels brutal...it usually is lol.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Welcome back to 1970

Here in nearly 2020, we use tq management to go faster

Tune it a little, don't disable it.
    Hemituna,

I need your help with my tune. All seems to run very good. The only thing that I'm struggling with is when I get close to a stop sign or traffic light... the moment I apply my brakes on idle the revs climb up a bit and then stumble back down. Hence always battling a bit of "torque management" in the lower rev range when trying to come to complete standstill, I assume. Otherwise I assume TCC?

I have a 6.4L SRT matched to a NAG1 W580 in a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. Running a custom grind comp cam, with a 90mm BBK TB. Tune file attached for some Hemituna love ;-)

2013 Jeep JK Sahara 6.4 ECU (MJ) + TCM (MJ) WIP4.hpt

Thanks in advance for any guidance, hints or tips you can share.
    Last edited by JWM_Jankowitz; 09-23-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Hey I love the comments. There is no real reason other the curiosity on seeing what happens when the limits are turned off. My SRT Jeep is heavily modified and not wanting any restrictions on. I also am a lil limited on my knowledge on the trans side of the tuning process. I’ve done a lil but nothing to really warrant being proficient in it. I’m down here in fla now and all these mustangs I see here I just want the Jeep to be unrestricted on pounding these ford guys and making them look foolish when a car with twice the weight smokes them. Also to tuna you are correct in what you are saying. And if you have the time to teach a laymen on the trans side of these beautiful mopars I’d be a student any day.

Senior Tuner
    The torque management on trans doesn't slow you down. It just cuts power to allow shifts to occur smoother and faster but when the shift is complete there really isn't any lag getting back into full power.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Yes, there is heaps to be had especially when you have added power.
    Most tuners haven't spent the time to understand and control how it is used.
    Think of it a like putting a really skilled driver in a manual/stick car.
    Easy on the parts, super slick shifts....when it FEELS like that you are getting it correct.
    If it feels brutal...it usually is lol.
    I follow what you're saying, BUT brutal shifts usually reduce ETs, at least if you have the traction to exploit it.

I’m all wheel drive with the SRT. Upgraded the front diff already. Like I said earlier I’m up for a good tutorial on how to tune the trans on how I want it to shift hard and fast

Advanced Tuner
    Honestly, I would just get a trans tune from Satera Tuning if I were you. It's too easy to hurt the 8hp trans if you don't know what you're doing. The tune is significantly cheaper than a new transmission.

TQ management on the engine side does slow you down, its reducing timing during shifts to take it easy on the transmission , however I as well have noticed for some reason when you take away all of it even on the transide it can bump into the next gear so hard causing the car to actually be slower if that makes sense,

Talked to satera last night guy is cool and seems to know his stuff only issue is your are paying premium price for a trans tune guy wants 300. I got one from another source for 1/4 of that and I enjoyed it. Just on the fence of what I really get for 300 bucks

not the difference that is going to make you feel like the money was well spent, your paying for the name and experience. before I started teaching myself how to use hp tuners I was paying a lot of CMR tuners using Diablo , thinking cuz they had the fastest car currently and the biggest influence on instagram etc that my car was going to be even faster, that was the exact opposite. I started pulling each tuners tune file using HP tuners and comparing them , most seemed like a copy and paste to be honest. I was reaching out to others who had cars tuned by the same persons and compared to mine to be just about identical. I think where these big names in tuning are worth it when you build starts to get crazy and they have the experience and know how to trouble shoot any issues. well because they "been there done that"

Yeah my build is a lil on crazy side. Got a stroker nitrous meth nice high lift cam big injectors low compression. So I’m still keeping it on the fence bout the cash. Wondering if I can spend that somewhere else to get better bang for the buck

I charge 250 for a remote tune the same.. Just a matter of good recommendations I suppose. Good luck...

Facebook: Demigod Tuning

Sidenote.. I was looking over your tune.. VE bank 2.. copy over to bank 1.. there is a tiny spot in the center zeroed out on that side.. good luck

I’m looking for someone local that’s willing to let me stand over there shoulder. I used to live close to satera. But now I’m in Jacksonville Florida. And I guess I’m just not into the remote tuning on this. Any suggestions?????

Your best knowledge will be hands on practice. Keep running through the forums and researching and testing and testing and testing brother. Good luck