Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a read from a 2015-2017 Edelbrock Eforce stage 2?

Anyone have a read from a 2015-2017 Edelbrock Eforce stage 2?

It appears the Stage 2 Eforce kit has a GT350 TB on it. I am having some issues with one I am tuning right now that has the GT350 TB on it. Seems the stock TB values from a GT350 make the vehicle have a throttle surge..

Advanced Tuner
    15-17 use the gt350 motor with their 103mm TB, 18+ use a bullit motor with their 103mm TB

Edelbrock use his own 103mm throttle body for the stageII kit.

Potential Tuner
    I have the Stage 3 kit on my 19 with the 103mm TB, does anyone have any tips/info on where to begin with tuning the TB? The car was tuned professionally but I do enjoy figuring this stuff out and tuning myself in my spare time so just looking for advice and general direction to go on tuning this..

if you post the tune, its possible to take a look on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    Ill try and do that tonight or tomorrow morning.

Auto-Hentzschel.

Here is the tune file in the car. Its basically just a stock E-force tune (from the older 2300 kit) with some minor spark changes, and the Predicted throttle angle, effective area, and sensor slopes for the GT350 TB, values taken from a GT350. I have used the values in naturally aspirated vehicles and they worked great. Bit thrown off by it having an issue with this setup.....That said, I did notice that Edelbrock manipulates those values in its tune despite using the stock TB.FPGP6RS_EforceGT350TB.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    You have all of your mapped points disabled except for one. The car will never run right like that no matter what you do to the throttle body model.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet35th View Post
    Auto-Hentzschel.

Here is the tune file in the car. Its basically just a stock E-force tune (from the older 2300 kit) with some minor spark changes, and the Predicted throttle angle, effective area, and sensor slopes for the GT350 TB, values taken from a GT350. I have used the values in naturally aspirated vehicles and they worked great. Bit thrown off by it having an issue with this setup.....That said, I did notice that Edelbrock manipulates those values in its tune despite using the stock TB.FPGP6RS_EforceGT350TB.hpt
    You should only use GT350 TPS parameters - effective area and predicted angle will not work.

Did a look to this tune, and yes, the most calibration comes from Edelbrock. This cal is very poore. One of the biggest mistakes is to disable all Mapped points. The Coyote engine need the MP for smooth running. I don't recommend to use the GT350 TB data for the Edelbrock Throttle Body 103mm. unfortunately I don't have the TB data. you have to find them on a load bearing dyno. every table need to drive. Maybe 5OMHG will share his tune, so we can have the data.

Did a look to this tune, and yes, the most calibration comes from Edelbrock. This cal is very poore. One of the biggest mistakes is to disable all Mapped points. The Coyote engine need the MP for smooth running. I don't recommend to use the GT350 TB data for the Edelbrock Throttle Body 103mm. unfortunately I don't have the TB data. you have to find them on a load bearing dyno. every table need to drive. Maybe 5OMHG will share his tune, so we can have the data.
    Auto-Hentzschel, This is the GT350 TB on the car, not the Edelbrock 103mm. (I thought the TB Edelbrock sold was the GT350, i was incorrect.) So the values in that tune are from a GT350 for a GT350 TB which is the TB on the car.

Advanced Tuner
    It doesn't seem like the your tune is complete. The Edelbrock doesn't look set up right, I'd look at enabling at least Mapped Points 14-18 and 21, add them to your Fuel Economy Mapped Points/Distance Tables. Get yourself some decent torque/inverse tables for those mapped points. You can tune it with just MP 14 but you're going to lack a lot of efficiency, economy, drivability, part throttle driving and accelerating, smoothness. You just need to set up the MP 14 torque/inverse.

More on your throttle body question. In the Airflow > ETC tab.
    Integral - Gain - 1.5
    Current Max Clip - 2.75
    Gearlash Tolerance - .06
    Gear Ratio 18.9

Did a look to this tune, and yes, the most calibration comes from Edelbrock. This cal is very poore.
    Their tuning is even worse with the newer models. Friend just installed their 2650 kit on a 2019 and it drove extremely poor. It was their stock TB stage 1 tune and supposedly CARB certified with an EO number. Completely undrivable part throttle to the point it would ETC FMEM weekly. They used huge effective area numbers in the TB model for some reason, maybe to outrun torque IPC error. He's since gone with a custom tune and it's a monster now.

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Their tuning is even worse with the newer models. Friend just installed their 2650 kit on a 2019 and it drove extremely poor. It was their stock TB stage 1 tune and supposedly CARB certified with an EO number. Completely undrivable part throttle to the point it would ETC FMEM weekly. They used huge effective area numbers in the TB model for some reason, maybe to outrun torque IPC error. He's since gone with a custom tune and it's a monster now.
    The Edelbrock 2650 kits have a lot of potential. But not with there own software.
    I did a lot of hours on the dyno to find adrivable setup. Also It passed the Euro 6 Emissionen Test.
    Automatik and manual transmission too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    It doesn't seem like the your tune is complete. The Edelbrock doesn't look set up right, I'd look at enabling at least Mapped Points 14-18 and 21, add them to your Fuel Economy Mapped Points/Distance Tables. Get yourself some decent torque/inverse tables for those mapped points. You can tune it with just MP 14 but you're going to lack a lot of efficiency, economy, drivability, part throttle driving and accelerating, smoothness. You just need to set up the MP 14 torque/inverse.

More on your throttle body question. In the Airflow > ETC tab.
    Integral - Gain - 1.5
    Current Max Clip - 2.75
    Gearlash Tolerance - .06
    Gear Ratio 18.9
    Thanks for the input. In a perfect world I would love to work on those Mapped Points....I just simply can not get the car in my possession long enough to do that.

That said, I had corrected those points you listed since I posted the tune file. I have the car working pretty well, my only main issues now are.

-Cruise control, Vehicle looses speed with cruise.

-5-10% throttle input is very unresponsive.

I reworked the driver demand tables that edelbrock had since posting the tune file. The eldelbrock DD tables left a huge flat spot in the throttle. It made the car drive line it had an old Quadrajet carburetor on it. And 6th gear was basically worthless below 70mph. I can possibly adjust the DD tables to get some response back at low throttle input and fix both issues (cruise and unresponsive throttle). However the car is actually very drivable now. Not excessively jumpy and very smooth transitions. So I may see if just changing some of the cruise gain settings car rectify the cruise control issue.

Anyone have the 18+ 103MM TB data?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RickClarke23 View Post
    Anyone have the 18+ 103MM TB data?
    Did you ever get this? I am still looking for the 103mm data or at least a direction to start tuning it.

Honestly I used the stock GT350 data (was a bullet) and it drove fine and ran great

Quote Originally Posted by RickClarke23 View Post
    Honestly I used the stock GT350 data (was a bullet) and it drove fine and ran great
    RickClarke, would you mind sharing that file with me?

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Here we are in april, 2020 and I'm having these issues on a recent install. Anyone have the tune file from Edelbrock to share? Or one that works? Sure would appreciate it...