Thread: Help with a P219B code

Advanced Tuner

Help with a P219B code

I'm trying not to both my tuner again with another code popping up. I keep getting a P219B

I have a 2014 L86, cam 218/226 TSP.

My gas mileage has dropped 3 or 4 mpg in the last week. I'm smelling raw gas inside the cab so I took the intake manifold off to make sure I didn't have a fuel leak and every thing looked fine.

"when I first did the heads and cam myself I didn't get the line that connects to the HPFP on just right and had a small leak. Two weeks ago my original HPFP started chirping so I replaced it with a new one and thought maybe I did the same thing again."

Then I hooked up my scanner to see if I had a leaking injector. So I ran the truck around alittle bit then cut it off to see the the fuel pressure kept dropping. It didn't look like it to me. The rail pressure settled right at 850 psi and held there and the other fuel pressure settled right around 60 psi and held.

I'm thinking maybe an exhaust leak on the passenger side at the coupler for the exhaust manifold and y pipe.

Can you tell my if the O2 senor on that side is running lean.9-16-19 P219B code.hpl

Tuner
    That side looks lean, but what about the raw fuel smell? Sounds like a high pressure leak to me.

Advanced Tuner
    I took the intake off and didn?t see anything at all. All the fittings where tight and no signs of a leak. The smell seems to be much worse on E85 but with 93 in the tank like I have now I don?t notice it as much.

I was more worried about a leaking injector on that side.

Thanks for your answer

Advanced Tuner
    Also and I'm just asking because I'm not that familiar with this DI engine. If I did have a High Pressure fuel leak wouldn't it bleed off PSI in the log after I shut off the engine. It seems to hold pretty steady. Maybe I didn't give it enough time.

And I don't smell the raw gas after the engine is shut off. When I had the leak before I smelled it as soon as I walked up to the truck, even before I cranked it.

Tuner
    Yes, you should note a drop, just not sure how much. Just an idea, you might possibly do a (plug read) to see if there really is a lean bank or cylinder.

Advanced Tuner
    So I was looking over the exhaust last night and I?m not sure how I missed this. Because I did the heads and cam my self. But I very removed the exhaust manifold on the passenger side. But if you look at the picture the driver side has a gasket in between the manifold and the y-pipe. In the passenger side it looks like it?s missing. I?ll start with that and also pull the plug and look at them. But what would a lean plug look like??

Advanced Tuner
    You can see in the pictures the the drivers side has a gap in between the two flanges because it has a gasket in between them. THe passenger side the two flanges sit flush with each other because I don't believe it has a gasket in there.IMG_1318.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Here is the passenger side

IMG_1319.jpg

The two sides are different. One side is a type of ball and socket while the other side uses a type of rolled metal ring to seal...if I remember right...

Advanced Tuner
    After doing some research from good old google. I just found that out. I just can't figure out if I have it on the right gasket on the right side now.

How big of an exhaust leak would it take to make it go lean on that side. I can't hear and huge exhaust leaks. But these DI engines tick so much from the DI pumps and vacuum pump. Who's to say I don't have a small exhaust leak.

Is there away to tell if I have a bad injector on that side with out taking them out and sending them off.

As I type that i guess the answer would be take the plugs out and look at them!!! Right ?