Thread: Help with tune after running at drag strip

Tuner

Help with tune after running at drag strip

Hi, I finally got the car to the only drag strip in the UK, it was a 450 mile round trip and hoping someone can give me a bit more help with my tune.
    I can see i need to work on cooler air and add more timing but how much? any other issues? Many thanks for any help
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Trims some fuel and add a few degrees of timing.

Commanded to actual was off a bit, it's running richer than commanded. Maybe aim for 20-24 degrees of timing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Thanks, do I put it at 20-24 through the entire range after PE starts? I've just got a corvette ignition map in there after being told the truck one was no good
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Use your log to show you.

In that log you can create the same graph the timing curve uses. So make one for spark advanced that follows the engine rpm and cylinder airmass. That will show you where in the timing curve you are at through the pass you did at the drag strip.

You'll be able to see where it starts and where it "end" at the top of the rev range. From there you can grab that general area and increase the timing. Make sure to keep the transition smooth between the cells above it and around where you want to add the timing. Starting at 20ish degrees is good and as the rpms rise up towards red line start adding more in so it's finishing off around 24 degrees instead of the 17-19 like it's at now.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Thank you, that's a great insight on how to do it