Thread: negative IVT values?

negative IVT values?

During a WOT pull today, I Logged very negative IVT values. The temps rose like normal, then dropped to -300s. This obviously threw off the fueling as open loop base tables are based on IVT values. Has anyone seen that before? How to fix??

Also, during same pull, I was trying to merge to fast lane on highway. AT WOT, TPS and APP matched, yet it took almost 3 seconds for the truck to start accelerating. I almost got nailed from behind bc it took so long for the truck to react..

Is that a driver demand table adjust, or a virtual torque table adjustment. All the data is also in the attached log, as seen when there is a big jump in RPM. Thats alo when I saw negative IVTs.

negative IVT.png

I attached the log as well
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    IVT is a bug in the scanner, there are a couple threads on it. You are logging 2 wideband inputs and its throwing off your eq error, delete the one that is reading 13+ lambda and go dial in the fueling. it probably feels slow because you are at .94 L at WOT.EQ ERROR.jpg
    Last edited by ZincGT; 09-20-2019 at 10:46 AM.

have we logged IVT on different scanners? How do we know it's a bug in the HPT Scanner?

Many IVT tables have the high load negative values populated uniquely which leads me to wonder if it is a bug or some intentional and mysterious coding from GM.

of course it's probably just me. I haven't logged IVT in another scan tool.

I am aware of past conversations about it. Doesn't answer the question.