Thread: Mustang 3V 2008 with Whipple SC and VMP boost-a-pump

Tuner

Mustang 3V 2008 with Whipple SC and VMP boost-a-pump

Hi Guys, I kind need some advice here, I have done full project Whipple SC with 0280158117 injectors that I believe they are 52 lp with VMP boost-a-pump.
    The car don't idle nicely it keep jumping fuel pump volt and pressure, If I bypass the VMP booster and connect the original volt line then the fuel pressure get stable but then there is no enough fuel with RPM and TH, the booster is fine, I get input 14 V and output 18-19V.
    Anyone can check the log/tune and advice me pls
    PS the car was running fine before the SC with JLT OEM MAF, FR Manifold, 39 lp, FR TB
    Now setup:
    Roush 4" with SCT BA5000, FR TB, Whipple 2.3 with 3.625, 0280158117 injectors 52 lb!! and VMP boost-a-pump

Thx guys
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by skythunder83; 09-20-2019 at 09:05 PM.
    Simple... Successful... Intelligent...

Advanced Tuner
    well first you need to turn the boost a pump down

if your tune was dialed in correctly before then do the following:

cut the pump voltage table in half

put the injector data in scaled by dividing by 3 (excluding deltap multipliers and offset)

take your actual maf curve and divide it by 3 then plug it in

cut the sarchg = engine size by 3

divide your manifold volume by 6

go to the fuel table and command .8 lambda at wot

find your startup enrichment table and add .15 lambda for the first 60 seconds

you will need to plug in your throttle body effective area table. If u dont have it then youll have to manually dial it in. Go to the table and make sure each row has the same value at each column. Divide the first columns cell values in half for good measure.

Go to the load w failed maf table and multiply the top row by 1.6 for starters

go to the startup friction table and add 30 to it across the board

go to the borderline spark table. rescale the y axis for load just at entering boost and another half way between there and 2.00 load. Set the top row to 2 load.

Plug in sane values for those top 3 rows.

go to the act retard function and kick up the act sprk begins being retard to 150. Pull 4 degrees at 180 and 6 at 200

Then fire it up and get maf dialed in.
    Bare with the throttle response til u get fuel in the ballpark.

While working the throttle slowly if it wraps higher than it should at a stable throttle position then go to the effective area table and kick up the 2nd column to the second to last columns cells values by 50%.

write the tune test and repeat til you get the throttle response somewhere in the ball park.

Once its driveable you can dial everything in.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    well first you need to turn the boost a pump down

cut the pump voltage table in half

put the injector data in scaled by dividing by 3 (excluding deltap multipliers and offset)

take your actual maf curve and divide it by 3 then plug it in

cut the sarchg = engine size by 3

divide your manifold volume by 6

go to the fuel table and command .8 lambda at wot

find your startup enrichment table and add .15 lambda for the first 60 seconds

you will need to plug in your throttle body effective area table. If u dont have it then youll have to manually dial it in. Go to the table and make sure each row has the same value at each column. Divide the first columns cell values in half for good measure.

Go to the load w failed maf table and multiply the top row by 1.6 for starters

go to the startup friction table and add 30 to it across the board

go to the borderline spark table. rescale the y axis for load just at entering boost and another half way between there and 2.00 load. Set the top row to 2 load.

Plug in sane values for those top 3 rows.

go to the act retard function and kick up the act sprk begins being retard to 150. Pull 4 degrees at 180 and 6 at 200

Then fire it up and get maf dialed in.
    Bare with the throttle response til u get fuel in the ballpark.

While working the throttle slowly if it wraps higher than it should at a stable throttle position then go to the effective area table and kick up the 2nd column to the second to last columns cells values by 50%.

write the tune test and repeat til you get the throttle response somewhere in the ball park.

Once its driveable you can dial everything in.
    Hi, Thx for the info, just to be clear, do I do this to the file I attached (which is modified to the SC setup) or to the stock? I have the TB and MAF set already and injectors I used a data from datasheet, do I need to scale too after?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by skythunder83 View Post
    PS the car was running fine before the SC with JLT OEM MAF, FR Manifold, 39 lp, FR TB

Tuner
    Thx again, the issue I have is the jumping voltage up and down, I have tried already to cut all fuel volt table by half but nothing, I cut another time to half still the same, the care set the DC demand to 75%
    Should I do this adjustments to the file I attached? this file already have data for the MAF, TB and Injectors

Advanced Tuner
    it sounds like your bap is hooked up wrong

Tuner
    it sounds like your bap is hooked up wrong
    It's 3 wires, ground then input and output, can't ve wrong or it wont start lol, still I checked the input is 14v and output 18v

Tuner
    I missed the 55 psi settings, now volt is stable