Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YSi LS7 NEED HELP!!!

Tuner in Training

YSi LS7 NEED HELP!!!

Hi All,

I am in need of some help getting my car running and idling properly so i can get to tuning. I am currently trying to get the car running with just the MAF before i jump into speed density. The problem i am having is no matter what i change in the airflow vs freq map I cant get the car to run leaner than 11AFR. I believe i might have made a mistake when scaling the injectors with the provided data (Attached) but am running out of things to try and change before i wash down the cylinder walls.... Unfortunately this is my first go at HP tuners but i have plenty of experience with megasquirt and tunerstudio.

Car Modifications:
    -2008 Z06
    -Roughly 10:1 compression
    -working with 93 octane gas (E85 in the future)
    -Vortech YSI
    -Fuel Injector Connection 2200cc injectors
    https://fuelinjectorconnection.com/c...dance-injector
    -Stock MAF
    -Stock Map (will be swapped out with 3 bar when i'm ready for speed density
    -Return style fuel system with twin 340 in tank pumps 58psi base pressure (Boost referenced)
    -Cam - https://www.briantooleyracing.com/st...-camshaft.html
    -2010+ ecu software from DSX tuning

Please see attached current tune file as well as the injector data I was sent. Unfortunatly i am still waiting on my pro cable for my mvpi2 to log my wideband. I will be receiving it Friday and will post a log of the current idle and run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. These massive injectors have proven to be more of a pain then they may be worth.

Thanks,
    Mike2008-Z06-MJM2.hptFIC2000BOSCHLSXHPT.xlsx
    Last edited by MikeThePilot; 09-17-2019 at 07:40 PM. Reason: additional info

So that tune does or doesn't have the injector data entered?

It's going to a bit of a pain working around the 63.5lb/hr limit with such massive injectors.

The calibration also has 2 bar MAP data entered as default on the OS upgrade. You need to replace that with 1 bar data again because you said you are running the stock MAP.

Even bening MAF only you still have to populate the 3 new VE tables with data. Those being the IMRC open/closed/DoD. The axis are flipped from the stock OS, so most use an excel program to get the stock data back in there to get it started.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the quick response! Yes this tune does have the injector data entered.

I will change the MAP data for the 1 bar sensor i have installed currently.

I will populate the 3 VE tables you are referring to. So i should be able to put the old ECU back in the car, pull the data/reorganize and paste it back into my new Tune? I will make the changes and repost the tune tomorrow.

Thank you for the help!!

-Mike

Tuner
    Just took a quick peek. You need to lower minimum injector pulsewidth down to .125
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black

Tuner in Training
    Awesome! Thank you for the reply, I will lower the min injector PW to .125.

I will re-post the modified tune tonight with the above changes.

Thanks,
    Mike

Tuner in Training
    Alright so i made the above changes, it still won't idle leaner than 10:1 - 11:1.

I'm thinking there is something i didn't scale properly. Anyone have any ideas where i could have gone wrong?

Please see attached latest tune for reference.

Thanks,
    Mike2008-Z06-MJM4-9-18-19.hpt

What method are you using the scale the injectors?

The most common is the double stoich, half the IFR, half the IVT terms to get you room to fit up to 127lb/hr injectors. But your injectors are much bigger than that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I did all below:

Scale'd the MAF cal using the percentage provided in the injector data 23.88%.

Multiplied the Cranking VE Primary by .2388

Filled the numbers provided in the IFR Table as well as the other data provided.

Didnt do any scaleing to the Stoich or IVT terms. I suppose i should multiply the IVT trims by .2388?

The Stoich I would have to multiply by 4.2.... which would put it way out of the limits. Should i try maxing it out?

Thank you for your help,

Mike
    Last edited by MikeThePilot; 09-18-2019 at 07:56 PM. Reason: gramer

Tuner in Training
    Also would modifying the Stoich mess me up for trying to run flex fuel down the line?

Thanks,
    Mike

Advanced Tuner
    on my 1700s I tripled stoich and 1/3 flow. I also set my base fuel pressure at 45. MAF is going to be tough at idle. lots of airflow with some reversion from the BOV.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you! I will lower the base pressure and max out the Stoich and report back for any difference. If i still cant get it to idle within reason i may have to scrap the maf and go speed density only.. It would definatly be a bummer, i was looking forward to taking advantage of using both.

-Mike

Tuner
    So between the 2 files you posted, the first one is setup for a 2 bar map and the latest one you posted has a stock map. What map sensor are you currently using?
    2000 WS6 Trans Am LS3, Tick Performance Stage 2 cam, ARH 1 7/8" Headers, FLT Level 6 4L60e, Circle D 5c Launching on a 200K 10 Bolt

2001 Camaro SS M6 Black on Black

Tuner in Training
    The car currently has a 1 bar map sensor. The DSX upgraded ecu I put in defaulted it to a 2 bar when I loaded in my stock tune. I have a zr1 map sensor ready to go in as soon as I get it idling properly.

Thanks,
    Mike

Tuner in Training
    Alright so i have finally made some head way and think i am headed in the correct direction. The car now runs and idles 11-12 AFR but i still have a lot of tuning to do. I am pretty confident with the current settings i will be able to lean it out and get it to idle at a reasonable AFR. To sum up what i changed after what is listed above i did the following:

- Injector Flow Mult Vs Fuel Flow - I had .2388 across the row, this came from the multiplier i was given with injector data. It didnt however say to put it here.. I changed everything back to what it was on the stock tune (1).

- Stoich - maxed it out - still yet to figure out if this will ruin my dreams of running flex fuel......

- Fuel Pressure - base set at 43lbs

- Injector flow rate modifier vs Batt voltage - set this to 2.0 in all spots.

After i changed these the car wouldn't idle as it was too lean after it started. I put the stock figures back in for the Airflow vs. Freq then removed 50%. With these changes the car fired right up and rocked a pretty steady idle until I shut it off. As i said it is still very rich... but at least its looking like i have control over the fuel now.

Attached is the latest tune and log (Now showing my wideband). If anyone sees anything crazy or disapproves of the changes i made please let me know!!

Thanks,
    Mike
    2008-Z06-MJM6-9-24-19.hpt2008-Z06-Getting somewhere-1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    You can still go flex fuel, because you are using the voltage multiplier for the injectors you can get away with double stoich, so just take a normal flex fuel table and double it. your injector flow right now is 50.2 x 2 (your voltage multiplier) = 100.4 and if you double stoich effectively you are at 200.8 lb/hr 2000cc is 190/hr. Also make sure to half your ivt terms

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the input! I will double check my ivt terms.

-Mike

So if it were me I would change to ID1300s or Signature Series 127 LB LS3/LS7/LS9/LSA Style FIC and forget about all of the BS. They are good to 9k rpm on your engine @ 16psi of boost. starting at 58lbs like all GM gen4s and ending @ 74lbs rail pressure using e85. Will run better, idle better and tune better.

I run all day long using ID1050s E60 16.5psi on a 6.9L
    Last edited by jsllc; 09-28-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Tuner in Training
    I am definitely not opposed to that, wouldn't 1300cc injectors be absolutely maxed out on E85 at 1000hp? I have a 10% underdrive harmonic balancer with a 3.0 pulley on a Ysi blower, i'm pretty sure i will be around 20 psi if not more. The motor will be spun to 7200rpm. Even if i kept the base pressure at 43psi like it is now, all the calculators i was using was saying they would be darn near 100% duty. The car will be run primarily on E85, but i intend to drive it often and don't want to have to worry about having to find it if i take it on a road trip.

Thanks,
    Mike

Tuner in Training
    Also, I just halfed my IVT Terms. It occurred to me that I have more than doubled stoich (I maxed it out) should i be doing something different to compensate the IVT Trims? I technically multiplied it by 2.17, should i be dividing the IVT Terms by the inverse (the table X 0.46) instead of half?

Thanks,
    Mike

So do not know how to nicely say this so here goes.

Let me know when you make the run on the 93. I want to see the boom. If your lucky, as you did not list head work(ARP studs) you will only lift the heads(stretch the head bolts). 20 psi / 15 degrees of timing and 10:1 can make for a big boom unless you plan on running at about 8000 feet of elevation. As for your other questions about injector size. You can look it up (fuel flow calc on web site), but unless you believe you are going to run 9K rpm not an issue. 9k will make a nice explosion as well.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm