Thread: LSA Problems after mods

Tuner in Training

LSA Problems after mods

I've been trying to fix up my MAF and VVE after my mods on my 13 ZL1 A6 and it's going great and i am learning fast as i go but i'm experiencing a few issues, this has been discussed on here before but everyone was distracted by a fueling issue and i have fixed it by installing an aux pump so my Fuel pressure status stays happy, and i am not entirely sure if this is Trans related or not so excuse me for that.

So the issue is that when i am off throttle and i try to downshift, the car starts to stutter violently and some times it does produce a poping sound from the exhaust so i let off every time it happens, this doesn't necessarily happen every time i down shift and every time i am off throttle but it does it 90% of the time and it seems to continue for a few seconds if i don't let off.

I've checked if its knock and disabled all burst knock from the tune with no success, but before it was disabled burst knock was present and it would go up to 6 degrees, but after disabling burst knock it still acts up the same way and there is ZERO KR as you'll see in the log.

Another issue is that the trans keeps shifting waaay too early even at extreme partial throttle while cruising or taking off from a stop, it just jumps to the next gear as soon as it is able to, keep in mind i haven't touched the trans settings at all yet.

Mods:
    -CIA
    -Catless 2" Headers
    -Stock Ported TB
    -Ported snout and blower
    -Afco HX
    -2.55 upper pulley
    -DW 90lb Injectors (I have put in the correct data, or at least i think i did)
    -DSX aux pump

trans issue.hpl downshifting at 45 seconds, I've purposely logged all downshifts
    VVE ZL1 2.hpt Tune is set up for adjusting VVE, does the same thing even when not on VVE adjustment tune.
    Stock file.hpt 100% stock ZL1 tune for comparison purposes.
    Last edited by Moe Ashraf; 09-28-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    looks like its going lean, you have good data to adjust your VVE and MAF table, I would adjust those and re-log.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ZincGT View Post
    looks like its going lean, you have good data to adjust your VVE and MAF table, I would adjust those and re-log.
    i don't think the stutters i feel are due to it going lean but i'll give it a try.

Advanced Tuner
    You'd be surprised

Always buy injectors that have good data. If your injectors are 90Lb 3bar then they should flow 90lb @ 300 kpa.

You are lean under boost (BAD). Your car will run an injector TIP temp of 122-131 under normal driving that is where you should tun the MAF and VVE. Fix injector tip temp modifiers. Many posts on the subject. Log all of your spark modifiers and you will find the other issue.
    Last edited by jsllc; 09-28-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ZincGT View Post
    You'd be surprised
    thank you for chiming in, i have tried doing what you've recommended for quite a bit now, nothing is really working as it still does the same thing. :/

Quote Originally Posted by jsllc View Post
    Always buy injectors that have good data. If your injectors are 90Lb 3bar then they should flow 90lb @ 300 kpa.

You are lean under boost (BAD). Your car will run an injector TIP temp of 122-131 under normal driving that is where you should tun the MAF and VVE. Fix injector tip temp modifiers. Many posts on the subject. Log all of your spark modifiers and you will find the other issue.
    They're from DeatschWerks and as far as i know they're a reputable company so please let me know if i am wrong.., and mine all vary from each other by 1% difference in flow.

it never goes lean unless i downshift on no throttle, does great at WOT and trims look good while cruising.

and i am guessing that you're referring to the whole Rich after re-flash thingy?
    Last edited by Moe Ashraf; 10-05-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Tuner in Training
    btw other than that, car runs and drives great I've dialed in the vve good enough to let the O2s handle the rest and MAF does a good job at WOT, even fixed the shifting issue by dialing in my trans shifting schedule which i hope is the correct thing to do, only thing left is my downshifting issue and it even started going into reduced engine power now so i really need to figure this out.

really appreciate all the tips and thanks for all the help again!!

Actually referring to the lean under boost issues spread across the log(see pic 1 example). Yes rich or lean after flash or heat soak.
    10-4-2019 11-13-24 PM.jpg
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi

Tuner in Training
    Actually referring to the lean under boost issues spread across the log(see pic 1 example). Yes rich or lean after flash or heat soak.
    10-4-2019 11-13-24 PM.jpg
    Yeah that has been fixed or so i think, i dialed in my VVE quite a bit so i'll take it out for a long and see how it goes, and i will look into the Rich after re-flash issue, thank you very much for the input!
    Last edited by Moe Ashraf; 10-05-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Tuner in Training

okay so i did a ton of reading and from what i understand is that i have to use the formula you've posted in one of the threads which is
    [6215.242]<137 AND [6215.242]>106
    , i am sorry if this is too much to ask but where do i add this formula to exactly? idk which graph as i'm a bit lost.

You kind of skipped to the end. That is what I used after I fixed the injector tip temp adder. When you log the car it will find a home temp range. I would use that. and narrow it to 5 plus/minus. As for where to add that. It is a filter added to a graph on WB or NB fueling errors. Otherwise it will be different/wrong after every flash and every start.