Thread: ID1000 cause of shifting issues

Injector scaling causing issues double stoich method

I am having an issue with scaling the injectors. When I put the id1000s in i double stoich, half IFR and IVT. Then insert the rest of the injector data from the ID PDF off the website. After I do this the car has an issue shifting. It feels like it is binding through the shift or like all power is cut to the motor. There is no change in AFR on my guage or hp tuners. Could it be an issue with my ECM? I feel like my data is right.

08 G8 GT LSA E38 with returnless twin 450s map referenced base pressure at 54 I think.
    Last edited by ProFire; 09-29-2019 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Not clear

here is the tune with the ID1000 injector data...Rowe 08 G8 Original with ID1000.hpt

is there an e38s where the double stoich method wont work?

Bump

Look at trans Tq and see if it reflects close to actual power, my guess is it’s low

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Thanks for the reply! What would it indicate if it was low?

If you make 800ft lbs and the ECU/TCM reports 400ftlbs

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

I think I get what your saying... record delivered tq and see if it is reporting close to the correct #. Maybe the double stoich method is affecting the way the ecm is calculating the tq and throwing off other things like shifting.?

I haven't had a chance to put the ID1000s back in to log yet but I tried the double stoich method on the factory injectors just to see what would happen and it worked fine. TQ was the same for both regular injector data and half.