Thread: Car won't start on first try.. Always on second

Car won't start on first try.. Always on second

Hey guys having a super weird problem. I have a C6 z06 with odd issues so I'll try and explain them my best.

First off, with hpt plugged in I couldn't cycle the ignition on without getting key fob not detected. Then when I unplug hpt I can turn ignition back on. So whatever, weird but got the car tuned anyways (not sure if this could be related or not)

Car will never start first crank. Doesn't matter if you cycle ignition on, off, on, off, crank.... won't start however it will ALWAYS start second crank after it has been cranked once (I say crank because if it doesn't crank, just cycle ignition it still won't start on first crank.)

Doesn't matter if you let it crank once or 10 times it will not start. It will start after ignition goes off and then cranked again

He had this problem when he showed up to my shop, however he said his car was not always like this it happened after some other shop worked on it last and he doesn't remember what they did or what it was in for because before he became my customer he spent almost all of his time there with nothing but problems and we've got them all sorted out except this one.

Not sure if this is related either, but I find his primary o2s sometimes take 1-5 minutes to turn on and run the car in closed loop (I know this from the logs) he knows it from the bouncing idle of the huge cam and injectors which in turn means I also get to see it in his videos every time he starts it lol

do you have fuel pressure on first crank ?

Quote Originally Posted by WAcord View Post
    do you have fuel pressure on first crank ?
    Yes

can you give the year of the computer and model / OS etc

Is this a speed density 2-bar OS? Still using maf or not?

Sounds like this:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ot-and-it-goes
    And this:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ht=start+crank
    Last edited by kingtal0n; 09-29-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Yeah looks very familiar to those

07 C6 Z06
    E38, GM Gen4 V8
    Speed Density - 2 bar