Thread: lq4 paired to a powerglide

Tuner in Training

lq4 paired to a powerglide

Hey guys, I have an lq4 that used to have a 4l80e, I just bolted on the powerglide and wondering if I switch the trans type to non-electric auto would it be considered a Manuel auto. or is there anything else I have to review?
    Last edited by perrone123; 09-20-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Don't switch anything.

Leave it as is and just go into the DTC's and disable all transmission related codes. Then disabled abuse mode and any torque mngt. The drop down menu can cause weird background problems is some cases.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    then what is the purpose of non-electronic auto?? thank you for your reply

It doesn't have a purpose. There are many listings in there for whatever reason and no P01 or P59 calibration that I know of ever came with an operating system that had that selected.

4L60e, 4L80e and Manual were how they are shipped depending on vehicle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by perrone123 View Post
    then what is the purpose of non-electronic auto??
    Many parameters were not originally displayed in the software, to prevent the novice tuner from changing a parameter that should be treated as "information only". People lobby enough that many of these parameters were subsequently added to the software suite.

Your question should be - "What is the purpose of the transmission type parameter ?".

The answer to which is - information only.