Thread: gt350 hellion

gt350 hellion

so im having a couple issues on a gt350 im working on. the load and maf number are extremely low. the car is on 8 psi. with a fore triple hat return system and id2000s. car is boosting approximately 8 psi and the maf# reads 57 load stays around 110 109 load at high rpms. base pressure is at 58 with boost reference. car runs extremely rich at wot too so I don't want to keep pulling maf out lowering the load even further. ipcs have been hell too on this thing. right when it transitions into boost there's always ipc errors. maf 2.2 is a similar tune but with part throttle driving. (2.3 had corrections for the kr)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tadias48; 09-20-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    2017 mustang gt

I did another pull on the same tune. fuel pressure increased to 71 under boost. So I believe I need to change the injector data for the change in pressure. also there seems to be a boost leak as it start at 8.4 psi and it drops to 6.0 at higher rpms.
    2017 mustang gt

You do not change anything in injector data - injector data is either correct or wrong.

You say fuel pressure runs 58 psi yet in a tune you posted pressure is set to 55 psi and AAT adder 70,75 psi? You entered a data for 55 psi.
    You say fuel pressure increase at WOT yet your tune is not set for any pressure change - you are telling your PCM it has 55 psi all the time yet it changes.
    ID says 70 psi is a max recommended pressure fot these injectors.

Your MAF curve looks a bit strange - what charge pipe ID you running? Low LOAD numbers are coming from huge STFT corrections

Your STFT's are all over the at idle - yes those are big squirters but this is way off.

26' at WOT? I know it's E85 but holly crap slow down cowboy.

Is the fuel pressure sensor still in place?

Base fuel set it back to 1.
    Last edited by veeefour; 09-21-2019 at 03:59 AM.

Yes i had set the fuel pressure to 55 on the regulator and I wasnt logging the fuel pressure sensor until the last run. The timing goes to 26 because of the low load its supposedly seeing. I'm commanding way less than that for the load i should be seeing. I hadn't realized the regulator was increasing fuel pressure that high under boost which is why I have huge maf corrections lowering the load. The maf is mounted in the intercooler as that's where hellion has it. I'm not a big fan of the location. So I kinda figured out my own question once i started logging the fuel pressure sensor. I appreciate you taking a look at the log and tune. I will make corrections and run it again tomorrow.
    2017 mustang gt

Not a huge fan of MAF on the IC either - it's doable but very time consuming and never smooth tbh.

I'd recommend adjusting your load axis for spark until you have your LOAD responding correctly - you don't want cracked pistons.

Yes i will apply the fuel pressure settings tomorrow. And hopefully that will give me a more proper maf curve and normalize load. Once again thank you for the feedback.
    2017 mustang gt