Thread: Crown Vic vs. Saab 9.3 2.0T Aero (after a week and half of smack talking)

Crown Vic vs. Saab 9.3 2.0T Aero (after a week and half of smack talking)

So as the title says, after a week and a half of smack talking a co-worker and I finally had our chance to face off. I have a 100% stock Crown Vic (minus the tuning via HPTuners and my know nothing self) and he has his 100% stock Saab 9.3 Aero 2.0T.

We both thought I would take him off the line and he would dominate after around 40 to 50 mph or so. So off we go.. Much to both of our surprise we stayed side by side up to around 90 to 100 then I started pulling on him! The look on his face was priceless!!! LOL!! We did this a total of 3 times at an old air strip and the outcome was the exact same each time. Needless to say we were both very surprised by this. Me in a good way... Him not so much.

So I wanted to share. Thanks to HPTuners and all of you that took the time to help me figure stuff out and fix up my tune!

Very happy customer here and I hope the product support for off beat cars like mine continues.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Your lucky he doesn't have a 2.8 turbo model, they are tuneable(at least with our software) and Im sure you can make some significant increases in HP & TQ, usually much moreso than you can with an NA application.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

True... But I was still surprised. I worked at the Saab dealer for a few years and really didn't think I had a chance.

It was an epic battle of 14 second street cars.. :-)

You did bring up an interesting point though. Will the 9.3 2.0T be tunable with this software at some point? Or does the Trionic system make that a dream?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 09Vic View Post
    True... But I was still surprised. I worked at the Saab dealer for a few years and really didn't think I had a chance.

It was an epic battle of 14 second street cars.. :-)

You did bring up an interesting point though. Will the 9.3 2.0T be tunable with this software at some point? Or does the Trionic system make that a dream?
    probably not to be perfectly honest
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thinking back to 30 years ago when we had street racing every weekend, it was way more fun when all the cars were slow. Nothing but racing for fun. Eventually some asshole would build something too fast, then a couple guys would build stuff to beat them, then it turned into racing for money, and fistfights, and backstabbing (not literally), and after so much of that the guys with money ended up with big enclosed trailers going to an official track every weekend, and everybody else gave up and the whole thing died out. I'm sure this scenario played out the same way in small nowhere towns all over the place around the same time.

Going faster and having money and getting what you think you want doesn't always make things better.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 09Vic View Post
    Will the 9.3 2.0T be tunable with this software at some point? Or does the Trionic system make that a dream?
    If it has Trionic 5, 7, or 8, tuning can be done with free (albeit buggy) software and hardware that costs a little over $100. Do a little Googling and you should easily find info.

Bill/admins: I posted this because you said HP wasn't going to offer tuning for those systems - I hope that's okay? If not feel free to remove this post.
    Last edited by ELaw; 10-23-2019 at 12:17 PM.

I had a Crown Vic Police tuned with HPTuners as my last car and it was VERY enjoyable. Kept door to door with Honda S2000 and other 13 sec cars from the right speed roll. Brutally reliable and comfortable, GREAT value tossable neutral handling quick car. One of the best of around 30 cars I owned and I am a Chevy guy through and through
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado