Thread: Foot pedal to throttle mapping C5 Corvette

Potential Tuner

Foot pedal to throttle mapping C5 Corvette

I'm working on a C5 corvette and I want to adjust how the foot pedal controls throttle percent. I think I can do this through Airflow->Electronic Throttle->Max Rotation vs Pedal.

1) I'd like to make sure this is the only/best way to change the foot pedal mapping. If possible I'd like to be able to adjust this with pedal and RPM.

2) Does this table go directly from foot pedal to TPS? Ie. if 60% APP is 100% max rotation, will I get 100% rotation at that foot pedal, or are there other things that go into this during normal operation?

3) This table has the following "WARNING!!! Modify this table at OWN RISK. Incompatibility of this calibration with the vehicle TAC module calibration may render PCM permanently inoperable." I would prefer to not have an expensive paper weight, so I want to understand what would cause it to brick the PCM. I assume it may have something to do with year model, but I'm not sure.

4) Is there a limit to what I can set the values in the table to? For example, if I want 20% TPS at 20% APP, is that ok? Or 100% TPS at 40% APP, is that also ok?

Thanks!

You'll brick it if you change much of anything with those tables. Even a small change can put it straight into REP.

You'd want a aftermarket solution like a holley controller if you want true control over the DBW system.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I mean, I understand that I could brick it, but the table wouldn't be there if you couldn't do anything with it. Just trying to figure out how much I can typically change it, and if that depends on the year model of the car or something else.