Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Are B8 (2010) A5's 2.0TFSI supported?

  1. #1
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3

    Are B8 (2010) A5's 2.0TFSI supported?

    07-18 A4 2.0L TFSI (B8) (MED17.1.1) are supported, but does this mean the 2010 Audi A5's 2.0TFSI are supported as well?

  2. #2
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    104
    I?ll see if I can find one locally and hook up to it 👍 do you have an interface yet?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalw69 View Post
    07-18 A4 2.0L TFSI (B8) (MED17.1.1) are supported, but does this mean the 2010 Audi A5's 2.0TFSI are supported as well?
    They should be supportable as well, that said I do not believe we have any definitions for them at this time.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

  4. #4
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    I?ll see if I can find one locally and hook up to it 👍 do you have an interface yet?
    Dude, you'll be my hero. I have the original pro interface, but now I'm contemplating doing the upgrade if it works for my a5.

  5. #5
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    They should be supportable as well, that said I do not believe we have any definitions for them at this time.
    Ok.

  6. #6
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Humid NC
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    They should be supportable as well, that said I do not believe we have any definitions for them at this time.
    Steven,

    Has this changed at all? I am looking to jump off the Eurodyne ship and set sail with HP Tuners, but the lack of even a baseline tune to start from has me concerned. I'm not seeing a lot of chatter in the forums for anything Audi, much less CAEB based.

    You are correct in that the A4 and A5 in those years are virtually indistinguishable (CAEB is a CAEB), but it's nice to get an official nod before jumping the shark!

    Thanks!

    Ken

  7. #7
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Humid NC
    Posts
    6
    I jumped ship the other day and ordered my box of goodies... I sure hope the CAEB with it's ValveLift is easily read... not looking to waste the $$!

  8. #8
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Humid NC
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    I?ll see if I can find one locally and hook up to it �� do you have an interface yet?
    Tyler,

    Did you ever get your hands on one to check? I'm going to be in the Kiddie Pool for a while here but looking forward to the possibilities!

    Thanks!

    Ken

  9. #9
    Tuner
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Wilmington, MA, USA
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Botbasher View Post
    I jumped ship the other day and ordered my box of goodies... I sure hope the CAEB with it's ValveLift is easily read... not looking to waste the $$!
    The CAEB in the B8 A4 is definitely supported... I own one and have had much success with it. I supposed it's possible there's some tiny difference in the A5 that would make it not work, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!