Thread: Are B8 (2010) A5's 2.0TFSI supported?

Potential Tuner

Are B8 (2010) A5's 2.0TFSI supported?

07-18 A4 2.0L TFSI (B8) (MED17.1.1) are supported, but does this mean the 2010 Audi A5's 2.0TFSI are supported as well?

Tuner
    I?ll see if I can find one locally and hook up to it 👍 do you have an interface yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalw69 View Post
    07-18 A4 2.0L TFSI (B8) (MED17.1.1) are supported, but does this mean the 2010 Audi A5's 2.0TFSI are supported as well?
    They should be supportable as well, that said I do not believe we have any definitions for them at this time.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    I?ll see if I can find one locally and hook up to it 👍 do you have an interface yet?
    Dude, you'll be my hero. I have the original pro interface, but now I'm contemplating doing the upgrade if it works for my a5.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    They should be supportable as well, that said I do not believe we have any definitions for them at this time.
    Ok.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Steven,

Has this changed at all? I am looking to jump off the Eurodyne ship and set sail with HP Tuners, but the lack of even a baseline tune to start from has me concerned. I'm not seeing a lot of chatter in the forums for anything Audi, much less CAEB based.

You are correct in that the A4 and A5 in those years are virtually indistinguishable (CAEB is a CAEB), but it's nice to get an official nod before jumping the shark!

Thanks!

Ken

Potential Tuner
    I jumped ship the other day and ordered my box of goodies... I sure hope the CAEB with it's ValveLift is easily read... not looking to waste the $$!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    I?ll see if I can find one locally and hook up to it �� do you have an interface yet?
    Tyler,

Did you ever get your hands on one to check? I'm going to be in the Kiddie Pool for a while here but looking forward to the possibilities!

Thanks!

Ken

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Botbasher View Post
    I jumped ship the other day and ordered my box of goodies... I sure hope the CAEB with it's ValveLift is easily read... not looking to waste the $$!
    The CAEB in the B8 A4 is definitely supported... I own one and have had much success with it. I supposed it's possible there's some tiny difference in the A5 that would make it not work, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!