Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powerstroke 6.7 2012 MM3

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Kavney View Post
    Transmission is my next learning experience The lugging issue manly I found a great post on the forum explaining what does what and how to adjust area?s accordingly to get harder shifts and more clutch holding psi
    Drop the link! I always like to review threads and see if i'm missing something.

Tuner
    I have been adjusting Turbo maps was trying to figure what map controls what some are KPA and I think it is for atmosphere pressure others are PSI and seem to be very close to what Boost I?m seeing last is mode 0 vein positions and if close vane is Closed .90 and .0 open rumble tune is .20 and lower but if I zeroed the entire map would I not have similar to a non VGT turbo
    🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Kavney View Post
    I have been adjusting Turbo maps was trying to figure what map controls what some are KPA and I think it is for atmosphere pressure others are PSI and seem to be very close to what Boost I?m seeing last is mode 0 vein positions and if close vane is Closed .90 and .0 open rumble tune is .20 and lower but if I zeroed the entire map would I not have similar to a non VGT turbo
    ��
    Boost.PNG If you click on the Unit to the right of the box i have circled in this pic it will cycle through available ones to use, the one downside is the vain control table will go from being in percent of 100 to 1.0 and not revert back. This is a software bug. So .90 is 90% and .65 is 65%. Yes 25-27% on the VGT is where it just starts to get a hint of hiss at idle for me at my elevation. The map i have listed in this picture is the main map used for boost control while in mode 0, but Remember if you don't have enough fuel you won't spin the turbo hard enough to meet your targeted boost. Log desired vs actual to see what it's doing. There is a limit or point of no return on adding more fuel though, these turbos can only spin so fast and stay alive, especially on 2012's. When you reach max boost with fuel only and vanes are opened or at 0% you could start to shut your vanes to increase boost some more. I'm not a fan of this when making good boost numbers already. But if you are willing, pay attention to exhaust back pressure. Don't constipate the engine. The boost map is in Absolute pressure as well. So to see your desired boost just subtract your current baro pressure from the entire map. You could also subtract 14.7PSI from the table or 100KPA to see "boost" over or above sea level baro. Yes if you zeroed the entire VGT map it'd be like a non VGT turbo was installed.
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 11-10-2019 at 03:57 AM.

Tuner
    Very nice I didn?t even think of changing the units to PSI my turbo is still stock and am looking at MPD NON VGT but as far as I can tell my turbo is still doing good for 160K what made me ask is the way it?s been running I?m building boost really quick I?m hitting 10 psi almost instantly I don?t think it should ramp up as fast as it is was think it was vain position but it very well could be a limit I?ve maxed out I?m going to test and tune today I?ll let you know maybe send a copy of my file I appreciate your knowledge not many people like us

Same here I would love to see that 13 tune

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    Here is my timing map that will see 21* during pulls. It took me a while to get my timing to ramp up smoothly and this is the 3d view of it which actually helps a lot with understanding why. Attachment 93457
    How does it run with that much timing? I'm comparing to my slightly-smoothed stock timing map. I'm also non-vgt, do you think reducing some timing in the cruise cells could help mpg? I also need to figure out the cleanest way to spool the turbo when I start applying power, leaving a "steady-cruise" scenario for something like a big hill.

Potential Tuner
    i have a 13 myself and would like to look at it.i also wouldnt mind seeing some vcm layouts on how you guys are logging the diesels.this is my first.