Thread: 6l80- keeping converter locked with small throttle changes

Potential Tuner

6l80- keeping converter locked with small throttle changes

2015 GMC Sierra 5.3/6l80
    Coan triple disc 3600stall
    Pro charger

Im having an issue with my 6l80 and triple disc where if Im cruising down the road, converter locked, and I go from say 30%tps to 28% tps, the converter will lock and unlock, sometimes float/slip/surge when it starts to re-lock.

I increased the regulator offset from 26 to 40 and I cant feel a difference or see a difference in pressures in the logs.

Im hesitant on modifying the apply ramp table because it seems more of a decel issue.

Slip tables are all at 0

Does anyone have an idea of what to modify to keep the converter locked in these conditions?
    Last edited by dburt86; 09-27-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I’d also like to add that the converter does now slip under any amount of load once it’s locked. I can see in the logger it increases TCC pressure as load increases, even though the slip is always at 0, so that indicates to me that there’s a table somewhere that’s defining that (tcc line pressure vs tq) but I cannot find it. All I can find is the apply ramp table. Maybe increasing the 0rpm slip column would help?

Potential Tuner
    At this point, ive changed the regulator offset to 90 and the gain to 1 and ive added to the apply ramp. No change.

To get around the "annoying-ness" of it, I moved the tcc engagement up so its only locked at 50mph and above, after that, you just have to know how to drive it. Super annoying.

post tune or no one will help'